Check out these new TV'S!

Singhson

****** by Syntax
Dec 20, 2007
Banned by Syntax for no reason, all subscribed thr
Wii Online Code
4237-4091-4421-2313
The TV industry has come a long way, and is still going further!
:yikes:
Sony:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTEt5o_jt30

Panasonic:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Khb0HUIMZ6Y

Samsung:

Super high "High Definition (source which.co.uk)

Samsung boasted the world’s largest super high ‘high definition’ TV – featuring an incredible resolution of 3840x2160 – that’s double today’s ‘Full HD’ screens.

Sony and Samsung's strength is reliability, and Panasonic's strength is Innovation.
Panasonic was the Leader because they were the first to make the jump into flat panel's, but Samsung and Sony are clearly closing the gap.

Singhson said:
The TV industry has come a long way, and is still going further!

Super high "High Definition (source which.co.uk)

Samsung boasted the world’s largest super high ‘high definition’ TV – featuring an incredible resolution of 3840x2160 – that’s double today’s ‘Full HD’ screens.

Sony and Samsung's strength is reliability, and Panasonic's strength is Innovation.
Panasonic was the Leader because they were the first to make the jump into flat panel's, but Samsung and Sony are clearly closing the gap.

I've been following CES checking out all the new sets, flexible LCD, GIANT screens, etc.

The only thing semi-pointless for a 2160H set for media consumption, is there isn't any! HDM (BD/HD-D) is niche market (<1% total media sales) and we're just barely at mainstream levels of distribution for broadcast HD - both of which are only 720H-1080H.

I suppose the upscaling might be pretty groovy, I'd have to see it in person.

Cool stuff, though, we should see the next big price dump on current gen sets (which are OUTSTANDING) - probably time to score something new for the bedroom :D

I read about those OLEDs a few weeks back - they are unbelievable! Samsung have made a 31" model and it's something ridiculous like 3.5/4mm thick. It's not available for purchase, as producing them is too expensive currently, but you can pick up 11" Sony models (possibly Samsung ones as well, I can't remember) - as shown on that YouTube vid.

As with basically what DT said, we're only just getting into 'regular' HD. It's pretty exciting thinking about what they're going to make in future though.

Back