Classic Controller Pro came out in the U.S. today.

kitsune_B

WiiChat Member
Oct 5, 2007
It's in Gamestop right now for $19.99. I was debating on getting one to use with my Mayflash CC to USB PC adapter. However, before I make any decisions... I wanna know what others who have bought it think about it. I've heard it's more comfortable than the flat version due to the grips, but what's more important to me than any of that is, HOW DOES THE D-PAD FEEL? I'm getting mixed signals from every review I read or watch. Some folks say the D-pad isn't anywhere near the same quality as the flat version's D-pad, and others say that it is exactly the same. I need to know this before I buy. If I get one, I'm going to be using it with mostly 2d games and fighters, so I'd like to know the level of quality of the D-pad before I go lay down a twenty for one at the local mall.

BLK_CLSC_PRO.png

Mayflash_CC_USB_Adapter.jpg

For fighters get one of these.
352p5wi.jpg

9 out of ten fighting game pad fans recommend it
(the others are idiots)

So far I've been loving my older flat CC's with Marvel Vs. Capcom on M.A.M.E. The Dpad isn't -terrible- for fighters, I just had to train myself not to use the same amount of pressure I did with my old Dual Shock + PS to USB adapter set up (the spaced out arrows were thumb hell, imo). To me, the flat Classic feels comparable to the Dpad on a DS but wider. I'm hearing other people say that the Pro has a less responsive Dpad due to increased thickness. But maybe those people got Hong Kong knock-offs which would most certainly have less build quality put into them than the ones from Japan or the ones in the U.S. now.

Get the pad I mentioned and feel the difference.
It has the perfect D-pad and button layout for all arcade games

I got the Classic Controller Pro in the Monster Hunter Tri bundle. I've never used the flat version so I can't compare, but the d-pad on the Pro works fine. As a PS2/3 and Xbox user, I can say the d-pad works as well as it does on those other console controllers.

Back