Classic Controller problems

JakeBii

WiiChat Member
Dec 25, 2006
Am using my Wii which is great, all set up even the Internet as per normal, just fine.
Then I tried to use an old Zelda Windwaker game cube game with the classic controller. Pluging the classic controller into the Wiimote seems to work fine enough (ie it recognises the A and home buttons) but when I insert the game cube minidisc it, it disc runs fine, the pregame screen asks to press the start button, but the machine won't recognise the classic controller at all, and the wiimote just flashes four blue lights whenever a button is pushed on the wiimote itself. Any help would be much appriciated

When playing GC games on the Wii you can only use the gamecube controllers. You can only use the classic controller on the VC games.

Thanks for that heads up, I sure don't remember reading that on any of the web pages.

How can it possibly be behind the box cover if the Wii wasn't even invented when Windwalker came out ??

Don't be so harsh dude, the guy was asking for advice.

And, it's Christmas :p

Maybe I'm blind!!!

Kamikaze said:
Because it's common knowledge upon people who can read behind the box cover.

Bowing slightly to your gracious being, but here 'down under' I'm damned if I can see any reference to GC games only to be played with GC controllers on the Wii box or Classic controller box or in the manual which I have re read again to check, sorry maybe your eyesight is better than mine, since your Christmas wasn't very happy, maybe your New Year will be.
Thanks.

JakeBii said:
Bowing slightly to your gracious being, but here 'down under' I'm damned if I can see any reference to GC games only to be played with GC controllers on the Wii box or Classic controller box or in the manual which I have re read again to check, sorry maybe your eyesight is better than mine, since your Christmas wasn't very happy, maybe your New Year will be.
Thanks.
i think he ment the packaging for the classic controller

he said it's not on the box
JakeBii said:
Thanks.
box is packaging:eek:ut:

Meh... I skipped the classic controller altogether and just bought a WaveBird. Just seems like a better investment. Works with ALL Virtual Console game AND Gamecube games.

sorry but, its common sense (im aussie btw)

Wii-Mote = For Wii Console, thus having "Wii" in the name

Gamecube COntroller = For gamecube games, thus having "Gamecube" in the name

Classic Controler = For classic games, thus having the "Classic" in the name

How could so many people get it wrong?

Dougamer said:
sorry but, its common sense (im aussie btw)

Wii-Mote = For Wii Console, thus having "Wii" in the name

Gamecube COntroller = For gamecube games, thus having "Gamecube" in the name

Classic Controler = For classic games, thus having the "Classic" in the name

How could so many people get it wrong?

Because they're complete idiots who don't read the back of the packaging box.

Back