Classic controller question

tvlaan01

WiiChat Member
Nov 13, 2006
I have a wii pre-ordered and am looking forward to playing it, but was just wondering if you have to play all of the games with the wiimote and nunchuck, or if you can use the classic controller and play the game the traditional way. i am thinking particularly for need for speed and call of duty. im sure the motion sensing will be fun, but would like the option to play traditionally.
thanks for the help.

I was wondering that, too. I know that I'll probably love the way the wiimote works and everything, but just incase, I want ot be able to play the games traditionally as well. If you HAVE to use the wiimote for certain games, then getting the Wii is a risk.

Depends on the game. Some are only playable with the wiimote/nunchuk, some can be played only with the Classic controller or Gamecube controller, and a few can be played with either the wiimote/nunchuk or just the wiimote (like NFS for example).
Game programmers aren't making games for Wii playable with either the wiimote/nunchuk or the Gamecube or Classic controllers because that would require twice as much programming, twice as much bug testing, and a lot more money. There wouldn't be a point because developers expect those who want to play with a normal controller to buy the Xbox 360 or PS3 version, as those would also feature better graphics.

Back