Component Cable Issue

spicka

Beastin By Nature!
Dec 28, 2006
Wilmington, NC
Ok i just got these cables http://penguinunited.com/proddetail.php?prod=PU_008 and i have this tv in my room http://www.amazon.com/Philips-17PF8946A-HDTV-Ready-LCD-Flat-Panel/dp/B00021ZVLU

I can hook the cables up in hd on my bros tv, and when i to hook up the cables up to my tv they work fine but when i switch the settings to hd the screen it gets super blury and distorted and it starts scrooling down the screen over and over, then i have to plug it in to my bros tv and switch it back to SD. I hae tried everything i can think of but it wont work:mad5: :mad5: :mad5:

HELP!

I really don't know what to tell ya.
I'm sorry but from what I've read those should work with that TV.
Do you have the cables in the right spot?
Like input. Did you place it in the 480P slots?
That could be it.

that amazon ad says your tv should support the 480p signal.

SO - plug the wii into your tv, set it 480p and ignore the blurry/messed up screen right away.

what i would think should sort you out is changing the TV settings. while the wii is giving out the 480p signal, and the tv is capable, the tv might not automatically switch to display it.

i cant give specific instructions as i dont own a philips tv, but it sounds like that is what you need to do

i have a philips tv as well.. not the same but i have the same issue.. mine is a little older, though it is supposed to support EDTV.. i get the same thing with my component cables, so i'm currently just running the components with the standard signal until somebody figures out the problem.. if there is a way to change to different signal on the tv, i have no clue how to o it..

blueradio said:
I really don't know what to tell ya.
I'm sorry but from what I've read those should work with that TV.
Do you have the cables in the right spot?
Like input. Did you place it in the 480P slots?
That could be it.

I know for sure that they are in the 480p slots, and i am almost positive that they are in the right spot

gosh this stinks :(

I got a mitsubishi rear projection 1080i, and i was wondering if it is worth it. Is 480p much difference from standard. It would be awesome to play madden on a 65" in. cant imagine using a 360 on it. and it says on the cable box progressive scan, whats that.

Back