Component Cables with Standard TV?

hotwaterbrogden

Master Commander
Dec 26, 2006
NJ & MA
Wii Online Code
1389-6918-7920-6415
Would the component cables for the Wii console affect any of the graphics or sound on a standard tv. I currently use the AV cables that came with the console and im just wondering if upgrading them so to speak would have advantages.

Component Cables for standard TV (interlaced)

I use them. They do make a difference, even on a standard TV. Colours are a lot sharper and better well defined. I probably wouldn't race out and buy them for the difference they make, but if you can pick up a set cheap and your TV can take them go for it :thumbsup: .

I use them on my regular tube tv, and I must say they do help. Everything is much sharper, and the colors are brighter. For $30 you can't really say no. I reccomend getting the Nintendo brand ones from nintendo's online store. They work really well.

Same as the post above, they are worth the buy. You won't be disappointed if you do buy them.

The difference was astounding to me, even on an SDTV. The colors and detail in Zelda went from muddy to crisp, and the Internet Channel went from slightly blurry to tight and readable even fully zoomed-out.

That said, know what you are getting. Some people seem to think that it will improve the "graphics" of your Wii. It will not. Link's hat will still have collision problems with his shield, the jaggies that were there are still there (and, in fact, in some cases you can notice them even more because it's so much clearer). What it DOES do is improve the clarity of the graphics that are already there, in terms of color and sharpness.

Best purchase so far for my Wii - and again, just on my SDTV. I'm sure experiences will vary depending on your TV model, expectations, etc., but it was easily worth the $25 to pick up a set for my Sony WEGA. Plus, I was able to put the composite set in my Wii carrying case so that's one less thing to unhook and take when I pack my Wii up for travel.

B.E.D.

I posted in another thread - made a lot of improvements on our 27" Standard TV.

Back