component cables worth it?

ericuf

WiiChat Member
Mar 12, 2009
I have an HDTV and so the Wii looks even worse than it otherwise would, as standard def signals do not look good on an HDTV. will component cables help this? If not, what will? Thanks!

I got component cables from target for 10 dollars clearance. It helps to clear space ports wise but I don't a difference for pictures.

It will make a difference and make sure to set your Wii to 480p (HDTV mode). Some HDTV don't have good scalers so SD signals look bad, and in the case of the Wii the 480p should help and you should see a difference in picture quality.

no matter what the wii will still put out 480p it sux cuz its ugly as hell on a 720p t.v. & 1080p t.v. so just use an old standard t.v.

Look fine to me on my mitsubishi ws6535 65 inch tv. Much better than what I grew up on (the old 8 bit stuff).

Your TV set must suck then. Anyway, the 480p is a much better quality then regular 480i. If you have a HDTV then the upscale image will look even better. Just make sure to set your Wii to HDTV mode. They call it HDTV mode because as of now only HDTV supports 480p. They use to have a few sets called EDTV which support 480p. Here is a compairson image link below. Due remember that these were early Wii games and current Wii games will look much better with Component cables. Just remember this 720p is 720 lines, 480p is 480 lines, and 480i is 240 lines. The Wii can produce great looking games and it all depends on the developers. Just look at the new Wii games that are coming out. For example the conduit, Resident Evil, Dead Space, just to name a few. Those you'll want the componenet cables for sure.

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6162297/p-2.html

yes buy the cables and when you do make sure you make changes on your wii settings.

Back