Composite vs S-Video (no difference)

Matt7

WiiChat Member
Feb 4, 2010
I have an Emerson 20" SDTV (which doesn't have component input--just S-Video and Composite). I used to play my Nintendo GameCube using an S-Video cord (a 3rd party one which also hooks up to XBOX and Playstation) and got great graphics. Then I bought the Nintendo Wii (which came with the composite video cord) and noticed blurry graphics. But when I got an S-Video cord for the Wii, the graphics still looked the same. So I'm wondering why there's no difference. Also, my tv does not support 480p (it is greyed out). In addition, the setting has to be at 4:3 (the widescreen setting squishes the picture).

Now the S-Video cord I have for the Wii is also a 3rd party one by Mad Catz (which hooks up to Playstation and XBOX as well). Now the only other system I have (besides the GameCube) is a PS One. So I hooked this cord up to the PS One and I noticed a big difference in quality with the PS One (as a test to see if the cord made no difference in quality)--so I wonder why there's no difference with the Wii.

Last edited:
you have to change settings on your wii.
My tv does not support 480p (it is greyed out). Also, the setting has to be at 4:3 (the widescreen setting squishes the picture).

Back