Confirmed: SD/ VC

The Man on Ice
Dec 30, 2007
Canada
I've just confirmed that you cannot backup any VC games on your SD card, the Wii will not allow transfer from the SD back to the Wii. Found this out after reformatting my Wii, had 2 VC games, still slightly miffed but whatever, I was told I could re-download them (lets see if that's true :lol:).

Anyways, just basically telling anyone else who has this ingenious idea to back them up that it really is not worth the loading time.

Unsure of that as of right now. I'm going to try on the Weekend so I'll repost if I got any results (either positive or negative).

My understanding is that VC games are tied to your Wii number. So unless you get your Wii replaced, you should have no problem re-downloading them for free.

That said, I don't use the VC so I have no personal experience. Just going by what's been posted on here so many times before, even a non-VC-user like myself got the info.

What? BULL***T!

I have a few games on the sd card in the wii as Im close to running out of "blocks", and yeah got to copy it back on to the wii and was able to play the game with no problem.

Let me answer your question now so you don't have to wait till the weekend, yes you can re-download anything you've downloaded from the shop channel for free.

i think....

you reformated, which means you changed your wii. so the games are no longer connected to your current wii (reformated).

you're "suppose" to do this if you sell it (security reasons, passwords ect..)
all your vc games are lost, all your channels are gone, it goes back to factory settings and defaults.

Back