Connect Wii to Internet

Nelaka

WiiMii
Dec 16, 2009
Hervey Bay
Wii Online Code
8025-0930-2109-7814
Dear fellow mii's;

I know this subject has been posted before a lot of times but I didn't understand it! :(
I have a Wireless Network Card and a dial-up connection, what I want to do is connect the Wii to the Internet WITH WHAT I'VE GOT. (I also have XP)
Please dont attempt to say, "Get a router or get the Nintendo Wifi USB Connector or get the LAN Adapter" because that's not what I asked in the first place. Is this possible and if it is, please describe the process. Also, is there any FREE software that can turn my PC into a wireless access point, not as in replace xp and install the software but a software that works IN xp so my wii can access the Wireless Access Point.
PS: I am aware that a dial-up connection is insufficiant for a wii console but I'm DESPERATE! :(
Sorry for all the Questions but I AM SERIOUSLY DESPERATE! :lovewii:

There is a way to turn your PC into a wireless access point by setting up an Ad-Hoc network. There are two tutorials here on how to do it.

Tutorial 1

Tutorial 2

If you have any difficulty following the instructions, ask and I will do my best to help.

why are you so cheap? and why are you still using dial up! your ISP should upgrade that for you for free!

Connect Wii to Internet (Continued)

Thankyou fellow mii's;

manred and R DOT

for replying but I already tried the ad hoc network and the wii will detect it but wont connect it.

please help ASAP :frown5:

Well, since you were able to connect your computer and the Wii, make sure that your internet is being shared. Tutorial 2 will show you how to do this under the Sharing the Connection.

Connect Wii to Internet (Continued)

But I already tried Sharing the Internet connection, it says "Error Code 51030; Unable to find Access Point. Please confirm SSID"
And when I say the wii can detect the Ad Hoc computer connection, I mean it can detect it, I dont mean that it can establish a connection between my laptop and my wii because when I attempt to establish a connection test, that's when the Error Code comes.
Thanks, I can see that you are trying to help.:yesnod:

Try taking a look at this guide from Nintendo's website.

Guide

What this is going to have you do is manually set up the wireless rather than having to search for the access point.

Make sure that once you get to the step on Obtaining the IP Address and DNS, that you know whether or not your access point is broadcasting both of those. The problem may be that it isn't broadcasting it. You should try both, setting up your Wii to automatically obtain the IP and DNS and manually set it if that doesn't work.

Nelka... take my advice I had problems too when I was using an old modem, my ISPP sent me out a new modem and a free router! which company provides your internet? If they say no just tell them you're going to leave then as you've seen a better deal blahblahblah thats exactly what I did when they tried charging me for the router lol, as soon as I said im leaving I got it for free :)

Sprint Wireless Card / Windows 7

Is there anyway to use my Sprint wireless card, connected to my laptop, as a WIFI hotspot in order to get online with my WII?

Hi miis

Thankyou all for replying and I managed to get my Wii connected onto the net, on dial-up. Because now I've got Windows 7, a wifi card and some software, i can turn my lappy (laptop) into a full wireless access point! not ad-hoc but actuall wireless! :)

And I know this is a little of subject but when is the wii fan meant to start spinning because since i've tried to install wii menu 4.0 and failed, i just noticed that the wii fan wasn't spinning, please tell me when the wii fan is meant to start spinning? And how big is the wii menu 4.0 download size?
please help! :( :frown5:

Back