Connection Help

My 209601 that I was getting whilst trying to connect to Wii Shop resolved itself after a few days. Just in case anyone is getting that error and is worried something is wrong with their equipment - I'm now almost certain it's a server side error - 'cause I didn't change anything :)

Last edited:
I have a D-Link DI-524, setup to use a 10-digit (5 character) WEP code. I can connect to it without any problems using my Nintendo DS, and a laptop.

When I try to setup a Wii internet connection, I can succesfully detect the router, but after I enter the WEP code and go to test the connection, I recieve the error code 51330.

Any tips or advice would be most appreciated.

ok i kept getting the 51330 code but i moved my wii away from my computer a lil further from my router( it was a foot away) and away from my cordless phone so if ur getting the same error code you should try doing that it worked for me

Updating... for 24 hours.

I began to update the Weather CHannel yesterday morning. The progress bar was going very slowly, so I went to work and expected to come home to an updated Wii. Instead, I came home to a Wii still updating, as was the case this morning when I awoke. The progress bar has NOT MOVED.

Of course, I am reluctant to restart the Wii as I don't want to brick it. I have been calling thier customer service line, but it's been busy NON STOP.

I am running a linksys WRT54G router on channel 1, but I doubt this has anything to do with the problem.

Any help would be fantastic, thanks.

Aaron

TRUEST ONE said:
Okay...so I got my Wii on launch day and applied the first update without a problem. Then there was an update for the Virtual Console (Wii Shop Channel) and I cannot download it. I called Nintendo and got a replacement system but am still having the same issue. I connect to my access point at 100%, wireless g @54mbps. I have updated firmware, changed the channel from 6 to 1 to 11 and back to 6. Changed the MTU value, placed the Wii into DMZ so that it is not behind the firewall, reset my router to default settings, disabled the firewall and it sill will not download the update. I even unsecured my network and used both WEP and WPA. I have spoken to 4 nintendo reps/technicians about the problem, and nothing has worked. I'm a network technician myself, so none of this stuff is new to me, but I cannot download this update. Again, it connects to the internet fine, but then the update shows no progress and gives me error code 32004 after 5-10 minutes. They keep telling me that its a connection issue or something is interfering. I log into my router and can see the Wii connected at 100%. I use the dlink dgl-4300 gaming router. Anyone use this router with their wii? I NEED HELP! :crazy:

i write from italy: same problem, i tried all triable...
Nothing
sometime the update arrives at 99% and after i receive error 32004
is not a problem of router, line, modem. i'm sure of this

Invalid MAC

SO I was able to successfully connect my Wii by turning off MAC filtering and using a WPA security scheme. Unfortunately, my wireless adapter for my laptop is a little old and can only use a WEP security scheme. So Now I am successfully able to connect my laptop to the router, but my Wii and 360 are giving me 'invalid passcode' problems. There is no possible way I entered the wrong passcode. I tried at least ten times and have changed the passcode, but nothing seems to work. I've also tried to register the Wii's MAC address in the router, but it says it is an invalid MAC. Frustrating!! I'm using a Netgear WGT624v3 Router. I haven't tried to turn the range extender off. I have a feeling that won't make a difference. If anyone has seen this issue please, your help is greatly appreciated.

yea when i wanna connect to wii shop channel it either says error code 52030 or it starts to connect it say please wait connecting to wii shop channel and then just loads for like right now its been going on 20 min and im about to turn it off and forget about it can anyone help please thanks

Wi-Fi USB Connector Problems?

Hi,
Im in the UK here and have a (non-wireless) pc with a nintendo wi-fi USB Connector plugged into one of the usb ports on it.
I have had my Wii since release date over here and have been having problems on and off with connecting online with it.
The worst problem i had was trying to download the update to get the new weather channel last night when i just kept getting error codes such as 051340 and 051040.
However i managed to sort this out by simply hiring up the connector so it was roughly level with the back of the wii and about a metre away.
Once i did this it connected and updated first time.
The problem seemed to come from the connector being too low down (it was originally on the floor).
I don't know if anyone else has had a similar problem,but i'd say it is well worth a go.:wink:

My router is in the basement and the wii is upstairs near a computer with a linksys wireless adapter, an it finds the access point but i get error code 52030, i think. Anyway it says go to nintendo.com for support nd wont connect. Do you think i need the wi-fi adapter? I also plugged the network adapter in but it says i am using a wrong linksys adapeter. anyways, do you know whats wrong?

thanks, in advance

Okay...so my Wii finally downloaded the new wii shop channel update AND the weather channel update. I have to say that it's a Wii network problem. My settings were the same since lauch day and after changing EVERYTHING the four nintendo technicians told me to do....it continued to give me the same issue evern after receiving my replacement system. After getting home from work...the update downloaded with no problem. :crazy:

I came round to a solution for my D-Link DI-524 and its pesky 51330 error code. I actually did three things, only the last of which probably was important:

1. I changed the SSID of the router from "Default" to something more meaningful
  2. I changed the WEP code from a 10 digit to a 26-digit one
  3. I changed the channel from 6 to 2

Now I can connect using my Wii, and my DS still works (after I entered the new WEP code :p)

im geting erroe on my wii

hi i have a wired modem brandband i get the usb cable into my wii but wen i try to connected it says the cable hasent been put i properly wen it has is there somthing i need to get on this wii online please help

my error is sumthing but i have a wired modem brandband i live in the uk this is wat i did i took out the usb cable from my computer (windows xp) that is connected to my modem then i connect the usb caple to my wii but when i try to connect it says i havent put in the caple properly en i have is there sumthing i need for this or im i doing it rong please would u help

metz_2k7 said:
hi i have a wired modem brandband i get the usb cable into my wii but wen i try to connected it says the cable hasent been put i properly wen it has is there somthing i need to get on this wii online please help

As of now you can not run your internet connection to your wii through the USB without the Nintendo USB Ethernet adaptor.

You need a wireless router, a Nintendo wireless adaptor for your computer or as stated Nintendo USB Ethernet adaptor.

-Bobby

so ur telling me i have to buy the stuff if i have a wird connection i do have a wireless but its pretty week it goes like 56k so if i put on my wireless modem would it work or not please help

Back