Connection issues D-link WBR-2310

Eugene

WiiChat Member
Mar 15, 2007
This is a very odd issue and I just can't wrap my head around it. When I enable WPA2 or WPA2-Auto encryption (cipher type AES; personal) on my router, my Macbook is able to connect fine and dandy. I've sometimes had it on for 24 hours straight, and it still works. However, the Wii refuses to connect to it, even if I set it to the WPA2-PSK (AES) mode.

When I set my router to WPA encryption (tried all cipher types TKIP, AES, and AUTO; personal), both my Macbook and my Wii are able to connect for a short period of time. After a matter of minutes, the internet just stops working. According to my Macbook, it's still connected, but I can't access anything on the internet, or, and here's the weird part, the router's set up page. However, my PC that's connected to the router via ethernet is still able to access the internet.

Now, I've googled and googled and googled and the only answer I seem to get is "use WEP", which isn't exactly an ideal solution.

Router firmware is up to date, MAC filtering is off.

If anyone has any ideas, it would be great. If not ... then I guess I'll use WEP :frown2:

Back