Consolidating

ABC

Banned
Sep 15, 2006
NyC/Nj
Wii Online Code
1929-2278-1848-3419
Ok, these boards rock, but they are just too unorganized. I think if iOn did the following, things would be alot more organized:

Under Nintendo Wii Gaming have sub-sections for each popular game instead of taking up space on the front page with each game.

Consolidate Wii News and Wii Articles into one category.

Make a section that is "Other Consoles' and have sub-sections for some of the more popular consoles instead of taking up room on the front page with DS, Retro, GC.

Add a section about other digital products like Audio systems and Televisions. That will spark some good conversation as well as help people that are buying new products for their entertainment set-ups.

If he did these above, the front page would look nice and streamlined and keep things in order a whole lot better. Let me know what you guys think.

I like your ideas.

Maybe a flavor of the month as a sub section under "other consoles"?

You know what im talking about?...

Agreeing to more mods, tis annoying when no mods are on, and people running havoc or whatever, then a mod does come on, and he can't do anything about it 'cause hes only got control of one section (talking about a past happening :)) which ain't his/no-ones fault, just feel it could be improved

Sovieto said:
i consolidate pumpkins at work..
:shocked:

good for you (pats sovieto's head)

I agree with your first reccomendation and your last.

I also think there should be a section for non-nintendo consoles as well

EDIT: Also i think a review section would be a great idea for wii games so people can post their opinions on games

Last edited:
i like this idea posted by the first guy and agree (i consolidate hotels at work)

So uh, alot of people agree... but there's one thing missing. iOn! :lol: I would like to hear his take on this.

I think you should make a section (where the welcome to wiichat things is) and have some lastest news about wii

Sam_Harris said:
I think you should make a section (where the welcome to wiichat things is) and have some lastest news about wii

We already have a section about that. :lol:

Wiired said:
Still wondering if we're actually having a new site skin :confused: we were told about it like 2 months ago but still no sign of it :lol:

doooooood, i only let that slip out cos im rubbish at keeping secrets (kinda wish i hadn't now :() , latest news is the skin is actually installed now and it's just being tweaked a little and fitted to the forum properly.

The site has a very busy few weeks lined up prior to the US Wii launch. There's some new stuff being worked on currently for the site along with a new design and im undecided whether it would be cool to launch it all to coincide with the Wii launch :crazy: , i dunno.

I dont want to give much away cos, well i think surprises are cool.. but here's a brief rundown of some of the things that's gonna happen on the site before launch.

1. Server move - Yup, im sure some of you have noticed a small amount of downtime recently, well yesterday i placed an order for a new server (i hate server moves so i ordered a pretty overkill hardware setup that we shouldnt outgrow for a longtime). All being well we'll be moving onto that sometime this week - downtime should be minimal and i'll give prior notice to this.

2. New skin implementation - Like i said previously its nearly there, just needs find tuning and some new icons creating, im not personally doing the design so that's out of my hands so i cant put a definite date on it.

3. A review and feature system will be in place along with some great content.

4. Also in the pipeline is a weekly article feature from a freelance Wii journalist, keeping us upto date on the latest Wii goings, on.

There's some more stuff too, but i think i've already said too much :)

Oh and yea about the forum layout.. i may tweak it a little but im a little hesitate as we've gained some great SE rankings for certain forums and i dont wanna really spoil that - but i'll see if i can condense the main page a little.

Thats cool, problem being if you wait til actual US launch of Wii.. not everyone will see it for awhile/appreciate it, due to playing their Wii's (thought it wouldn't affect it at all, I'm just looking forward to seeing the changes in store :rolleyes: :p) but what your doing sounds pretty good. Don't really know anything about servers, but if it stops the site going down randomly, then it must be good :)
Props for everything you doing i0n buddy :)

ABC said:
Ok, these boards rock, but they are just too unorganized. I think if iOn did the following, things would be alot more organized:

Under Nintendo Wii Gaming have sub-sections for each popular game instead of taking up space on the front page with each game.

Consolidate Wii News and Wii Articles into one category.

Make a section that is "Other Consoles' and have sub-sections for some of the more popular consoles instead of taking up room on the front page with DS, Retro, GC.

Add a section about other digital products like Audio systems and Televisions. That will spark some good conversation as well as help people that are buying new products for their entertainment set-ups.

If he did these above, the front page would look nice and streamlined and keep things in order a whole lot better. Let me know what you guys think.
i agree. and most of your ideas arent bad.

Back