Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Controller Options grow

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Hardware' started by phimuajedi69, May 11, 2006.

1. phimuajedi69

phimuajedi69 WiiChat Member

Just found this pic in the gallery, now there are two add-ons to the wiimote, the gun and a cube controller-like attachment!

[​IMG]

That brings the different controller options up to what 6? wiimote, gun attachment, classic controller, cube attachment, regular cube controllers (don't know if these will work on wii games, but if they made a wiimote attachment with the layout then prolly), i guess we can assume the dk bongos will still work....

whats next? a steering wheel for the racing games? a hilt for swordfighting?

though i hate to put a little rain cloud over the wii right now, it looks like though the system is going to be pretty cheap nintendo wants to really make that back by selling as many different controllers as they can.

2. Evil Panda

Evil Panda WiiChat Member

That's awesome.

I think that Nintendo would just sell the Wii cheap and mainly make the profit off accessories. ^_^

3. Psycotronic

Psycotronic WiiChat Member

I heard that the gamecube shell thing isnt real... since you already can use regular gamecube controllers... plus they made a "classic" controller

4. phimuajedi69

^-- we'll know when it launches i guess, most of the info on this stuff is half speculation based on official (and un-official, regretably) rumor anyway

i think it could be real (or at least a much considered idea to have a nice promo shot like that for it...) simply bc most of the old cube controllers aren't wireless whereas this add-on would be. and to give people who didn't jump on the cube bandwagon a chance to get the excellent control design without buying outdated hardware

it also puts some extra buttons into the mix there in the middle, not sure if there would be a use for them or not.

5. Psycotronic

Psycotronic WiiChat Member

I geuss so... plus the attachment would probably be cheaper then buying a whole new gamecube controller...

6. Jesse

Jesse Protector of Hyrule

Wii Friend Code: 7219-3868-1848-6260
    7219-3868-1848-6260
    Wow that gamecube controller looks great!

#6 Jesse, May 15, 2006
    Last edited: May 20, 2006
  7. Riviet

Riviet WiiChat Veteran

Wii Friend Code: 3388-6355-5969-8398
    3388-6355-5969-8398
    The controllers look good, the classic one closely resembling the gamecube controller plus that extra bit extended out at the bottom. The cheap console will really boost the demand for the console, as price is less of an issue. I would also agree that the accessories will be part of the marketing opportunities of Nintendo.

8. DtD

DtD WiiChat Member

The GC attachment was a photoshop >>

The only attachments so far are as follows: Nunchuck, Virtual Console Controller, and "The Zapper"

9. Jesse

7219-3868-1848-6260
    Yeah look for some sort of annoucements during the summer to get some clarity on these controllers and what they can do.

#9 Jesse, May 15, 2006
  10. DtD

DtD WiiChat Member

>> Man I hope a firm release date comes out this summer

11. Link of Arc

Link of Arc WiiChat Member

Nintendo will be featuring backward compatabiltie for the first time so they'll always use interesting controllers for other consoles. But my greatest concern is how much would the games be if purchased by the virtual console

12. Link of Arc

Link of Arc WiiChat Member

Doesnt the gamecube attachment look bigger or the same exact size

13. DtD

DtD WiiChat Member

The GC attachment is a photoshop >>

14. Jesse

7219-3868-1848-6260
    Thats one of the biggest questions on everybodies mind. How much will the games for the virtual console cost. I wish I knew but the fact is that we wont know nothing until Nintendo releases some information to us ><;

#14 Jesse, May 17, 2006
  15. Veiron

Veiron WiiChat Member

I would assume it would be a monthly fee to access them online; you can't fit all of those games on Flash memory, can you? So, a monthly fee to temporarily have it on the Flash memory (or permanently?). Either way, I would imagine it'd be something like that. $10 a month with anytime cancellation sounds reasonable to me. :)

16. glassonion914

glassonion914 WiiChat Member

17. Napalmbrain

Napalmbrain WiiChat Member

The Wii has internet access, so my guess is there'll be a monthly fee for that, and access to the Virtual Console service may be included as part of it.

18. phimuajedi69

I'll go out on a limb and speculate based on your nes roms, i have some gba (snes basically) roms that run 5-6 megs so the n64 roms would prolly be at least 18-20

with the 512 meg built in and two expansion slots for SD cards (which can hold up to 4Gig now i think) there is plenty of room in the system if you want to spend a little extra money.

re monthly sub: i actually think i would like to pay by the game and keep it forever, rather than monthly and run the risk that they protect the files in some way and if you cancel your sub you can't play them anymore. though monthly you could afford to try out some games you know nothing about and you don't lose anything if you don't like them.

19. tuned

tuned 11.19.06

I haven't seen that screen yet, very cool! But... I don't think I could see Nintendo producing that. The gun attachment, yes, but not this. It looks like all the controls are doubled up, the remote and controller's buttons and the same... so this looks fake.

20. wii-gaming

wii-gaming The Order Of Wario

The more that I find out about the Wii - the more awesome it seems. Nintendo really caught Sony on the back foot with something innovative !!! The pictures just demonstrate how much time Nintendo spent thinking about the controller and designing it from the bottom up... unlike Sony who are fast turning their controller into a mess... I am becoming addicted to the movie on the web showing the controller in action (http://www.wii-gaming.co.uk/?p=4)... good job Nintendo...