Controller questions

jodyroberts

WiiChat Member
Jun 25, 2006
I've searched and read stuff,,but i need someone to literally spell it out for me...the controller situation.

Gamecube games can only be played with a GC pad.
VC games can use GC pad and new wiii classic pad
wii games use wii wiimote/nunchuks ..

is this all correct@?!?!!!

Yes. Also, you can play NES and certain SNES games by just turning the wiimote horizontally in your hand. The only part that is disputed is whether Gamecube games can be played with the Classic Controller, but from the recent interview with Nintendo, it appears that IGN may have been mistaken when they said it was possible. So you are correct.:)

NateTheGreat said:
Yes. Also, you can play NES and certain SNES games by just turning the wiimote horizontally in your hand. The only part that is disputed is whether Gamecube games can be played with the Classic Controller, but from the recent interview with Nintendo, it appears that IGN may have been mistaken when they said it was possible. So you are correct.:)

Maybe Nintendo made a mistake and said it couldnt when it could

what about using the classic controller for any wii games?..

ayy?..possibility?

personally i would love to have some games, or at least the option on some/all games to be able play them witht he classic controller..

ya know, there are some times you just wanna lay in bed and play...and not hafta worry about swinging the controller around, or aiming with it..

idk maybe im the only one

xpirate77 said:
what about using the classic controller for any wii games?..

ayy?..possibility?

It's certainly possible since at that recent Nintendo World Event in Japan, Dragon Quest Swords was being played with the Classic Controller. You'll probably have the option to choose between GC and Classic Controller on games like SSBB.

xpirate77 said:
personally i would love to have some games, or at least the option on some/all games to be able play them witht he classic controller..

ya know, there are some times you just wanna lay in bed and play...and not hafta worry about swinging the controller around, or aiming with it..

idk maybe im the only one
This has been brought up before and while it is possible, most games won't be able to do it unless they are specifically made to play with either by the game's developers. Making a Wii game, especially a complex one like Zelda, with two completely different control styles, each with a different controller, would take twice as much time to debug. I just don't see how anyone would feel soooo lazy that they couldn't rotate their wrists a bit to play a Wii game.

Back