copying saves to SD

Tip 1 - Use the search feature, its amazing the number of people with the same problems.

Tip 2 - Update your console ( I believe its states in the manual you must do this before you can use the SD features - not 100% sure though).

Tip 3 - Although you can copy VC games and saves to the card, the Wii does not pick up the data in the channels or the games. It basically acts an archive, not useable storage.

Hope this helps

thanx but:

1) i used it, but obvisously couldnt find what i needed

2) i havent set the internet , might check the manual though

3)if i can copy my data over the sd card and use with another wii, by moving it to the other wii's internal memory, that servers me. is that possible?

thanx again

go to

1)wii options
2)Data management
3)Save data
4)wii
5)click on individual game save
6)click 'copy'

I assume this is how you do it. I do not have an SD card so i havnt checked it, but when doing above i got a 'no SD card inserted' message. Good Luck.

NecroDemonNZXT said:
thanx but:

1) i used it, but obvisously couldnt find what i needed

2) i havent set the internet , might check the manual though

3)if i can copy my data over the sd card and use with another wii, by moving it to the other wii's internal memory, that servers me. is that possible?

thanx again
Yes, but you could only use the save. You would have to have a disc. wiisave.com a site doing what your trying to do.

ofc i should have to get a game disc in the other wii to play my game save...thats obvious!

fact is on each saved block of the wii's memory there is only the erase option, not a move/copy one even though my SD card is installed... do you have to update the system to get that feature or its not enabled at this time anyway?

Back