Could this be the end of Wii

Can sony please make something orginal. It does look good but smells fishy just like the late sixaxiz announcement and home and one or two other PS3 features.

Last edited:
They best not do. Nintendo made a glove for the nes AGES AGO Source

Sony need to **** off with this Idea thingy [Though it's not Illegal still abit shite tbh]

Well since someone else already owns the patent rights for a glove like that, I'll be suprised if Sony can claim a patent for it. That patent was awarded about 10 years ago.

So, since that's the case, Sony may still sell one, but the glove will end up being expensive due to royalties they'll have to pay simply because, well, they're Sony and can afford to pay high.

Now what said, one of the reasons the glove didn't really catch on was lack of tactile feedback. That is, the sensation of touch. The original glove included that, but it was too expensive and complicated to program in to applications. Maybe not nowadays, but with Sony pushing the lie that graphics are more important than anything else, I still don't see the glove taking of like the Wii mote.

While air-guitaring is fun to watch, it's just not fun to do. That's why GH has a fake guitar. You "play" it. Imaging trying to drive or play a shooter with only a glove. I'm not 5 anymore and running around the yard with my hand shaped like a gun playing cops and robbers.

This one extra feature will not end the wii.

Still Sony isnt going to get anywhere with that price.....and no matter how much stuff they put out its still not going to help!

We Welcome the new glove
Comes packed with our NEW $700 Package :)
OR for you guys who already have the PS3 buy the glove now
Only $100 [Exc VAT]

Cpt.McLoud said:
Can sony please make something orginal. It does look good but smells fishy just like the late sixaxiz announcement and home and one or two oher PS3 features.

It'll be a cold day in hell before that happens.

Wii_Smurf said:
We Welcome the new glove
Comes packed with our NEW $700 Package :)
OR for you guys who already have the PS3 buy the glove now
Only $100 [Exc VAT]

That might just be the best post i've ever read lol

You are an idiot if you believe that THIS will push the pS3 ahead, it is a plain, full copy of the Wii Mote, and no fans, even PS3 fans will be dissapointed in Sony for going so low as to copy another company completely. Why does sony persist on being absolute numoro Uno? Sony, give up.. Your doing better than Microsoft.

Didn't Nintendo try this once upon a time?

I'm no Ninty fanboy or Sony hater, but this idea looks stupid. What's the difference between moving your fingers to perform an action or pushing a button with your fingers? Not a whole lot. It's not as different as, say, the Wiimote and nunchuck. Sony needs to be focusing on pushing what they have now (ie great graphical abilities, Blue Ray, etc) rather than trying to one-up Nintendo with this. To me this kind of thing validates what Nintendo is doing with the Wii. Meanwhile Microsoft just keeps pointing to the 360's abilities and saying they can do things the Wii can't and all of that. That is the correct course for them, not giving the Wii any credit. Sony is sending mixed signals with this saying graphics are the answer but we are working on a special controller for further game immersion. So which is it, graphics or gameplay?

Back