Could this be the end of Wii

I sware it was ps3 owners that didnt like moving there hands about and all this extra movement....
WHat hypocrits

All that story says is that Sony applied for a patent. If (and it's a big "if" since many similar devices have already been patented/produced) their patent is approved (which can and will take several months), the glove is just an idea at this stage.

That means it's probably at least a year (or two? more?) away from developing a working prototype, let alone actually producing a working retail version. There's also the question of how the device tests among focus groups, because if it sucks and no one likes it, it'll never see the light of day anyway.

Bottom line: don't hold your breath expecting this product to ever come to market.

This site has little information about any games or consoles, this is a really un-reliable source. Probly some kids made it up in their spare time and had ads put all over it for cash.

haha nice one Yellow_Wii , never seen that picture before :D I say leave this idea for Ninty if it ever was to be done, they will make the best use out of it.

It might be real, it might not either way it is seriously over priced, another plan to copy the wii and its innovation?

This product will have to be preety dam good for those numbers, i doubt it tho;)

Sony are bastards as they cant have an original idea in their head. The just magiclly changed thier controller to 6 axis which is a copy of the wii but not enough to get sued. Now they are thinking of a motion sensor glove GET YOUR OWN IDEAS SONY SCUM. Wait hang on a sec their only original idea was to jack up the price. lol

wii_cammy said:
Lol but come on it is quite good sony are giving their customers a new way to play
And all it took was a competitor and their threat to take their crown on sales figures...

Kinda makes me wonder what it would have been like if Sega was still in the console race...

Almost every game would have to be multiplatform unless you're a 1st or 2nd party developer.

What's the phrase, "2's company. 3's a crowd. 4's a double date". Lol.

I can see where people are coming from but still tho sony should try some thing that no one has thought of and not make it really expensive.

It does look pretty intruiging, although it is far from a threat. It probably wont even hit the markets. Remember people, nintendo patented a wiimote-phone a while back. lmfao

Oh, and to all you saying that it isnt original: WTF!?
Thats about as original as it gets.

This thing looks interesting... I wouldn't call it a direct copy of a Wiimote though. It looks like it'll be able to detect the positions of all fingers on both hands, in addition to general motion sensing of the hand itself. It seems unlikely that it'll be able to be used as a pointer as the Wiimote can be though.

I think it's overkill. I can't imagine anything where you would need that much input to control something in game. It could perhaps be used as a musical intrument? Maybe in a few years but for now... I'd say this is another thing we just don't need yet, and developers aren't going to ake advantage of.

How Much will it be? I cant see it being cheap it will be like 100 bucks and I mean you already paid 600 bucks for the system so I mean it better have some cool games to go along with it or else it could be another Sony failure.

I dont think its any threat to the Wii whatsoever.

If it had been released with the PS3 then maybe but as its only an add-on not many games would actually incorporate an additional control system for a controller that only a few people would own.

If it worked with normal PS3 controls then what would be the point as it would most likely be easier to play with a normal controller that the games were designed for.

Will PS3 owners really want to pay out for rumble controllers and then pay out again for a new motion controller? Sony should have had this all sorted out for the PS3 release.

Much like the Eyetoy it could be a lot of fun but probably would only have a couple of games that actually used it. Looks just like an expensive gimmick.

Back