Dang, what happened to lots of wii's available???

Where I got my wii they had like 50-70 zeldas and like 30 wiimotes/nunchuks/classic controllers, and a bunch of nintendo sd cards, and wii points cards.

Oh Sh*t. Oh Sh*t, Oh Sh*t, Oh Sh*t. Im auzzi and hoping that changes thingz.. Anyway. I'm getting the WII 4 X-mas and ill kill to get my mum to preorder! Iv'e already called lke 3 stores and they arent preordering anymore. Im gonna cheack out all my stores but do you think ill get 1?

On Saturday, I went to a couple of BestBuys near me and both assured me that there will be "enough" and that thre's no reason to camp out the night before. As I left both stores, neither had people camping outside. :)

I believed them and planned to just show up early on Sunday, say, around 7AM. (they open at 9AM, but starts handing out tickets at 8AM)

Fortunately, I couldn't get much sleep, so I ended up waking up at 4AM. I knew I couldn't fall asleep again, so I headed out to BestBuy. Imagine my surprise when I pulled into the BestBuy parking lot at 4:30AM. There were already nearly 40 people standing around. It was 30 degrees outside.

I started to get nervous and decided to continue to the other BestBuy, 5 miles away. Oh... no... even more people waiting there... I turned around and went back to the first BestBuy. Got out of the car ASAP and joined the line as #43.

By 6AM, the line had 75 people. It grew to 120 just before 7:30AM, when the BestBuy employees arrived for work. The crowd cheered and clapped... :)

They came out at 7:59AM and started handing out the little tickets. Mine had 043 printed on it. A sigh of relief(plus I literally need to relief myself... so I headed to the McDonald's next door... :) ) The line was cut off at number 76. There were 50 or 60 more people after #76.... all very disappointed. :( Yet more people continued to arrive.

At 9AM, they started letting people go into the store, 10 at a time. I was a little worried about getting the games i wanted, since there are 42 people ahead of me. By the time I got into the store, they only had 3 more copied of Zelda left... I grabbed one and picked up my Wii. Paid for it and walked out the front door, feeling like the luckiest person in the world at that momemt... :) A bunch of people were taking group pictures holding their Wii boxes! :)

My Best buy had 160 Wiis. People started camping out on Friday. Over 200 showed up by Saturday night and over 250 right before Best Buy opened. it was all gone in an hour.

yea my walmart, got 20 Wii's, 14 Wiimotes, and 7 nunchuks, kinda a sad number for the Wiimotes, i was hoping for two, but i just got one to be fair to the people behind me in line, i was number 4, so figure let other people get one too. now all i need is component cables.

The Toys'r'us i went too had like ALOT of Nintendo Wii's, ALOT of Wii-motes and Nunchuck. I got an extra Nunchuck and Mote. And i got Zelda.

IT WAS A GOOD DAY!

Oh smokes...

I just called a Wal-Mart, Target, Sears, Sam's Club....

and they're all sold out, and two of the stores say they won't get another shipment until after Christmas.

I thought this was a Sony-dominated area ;-;

Trulen said:
Oh smokes...

I just called a Wal-Mart, Target, Sears, Sam's Club....

and they're all sold out, and two of the stores say they won't get another shipment until after Christmas.

I thought this was a Sony-dominated area ;-;

compared to the sounds of gunshots and pepper spray
on Sony PS3's launch day, the Wii's launch day is like
a silent revolution. (pun intended, since Wii was code
named "revolution") :D No gunshots, no fights(I think),
and lots of friendly chats/laughs while waiting in line.

In other words, Wil is the next best thing to world peace.... hehehehe...

:devil:

Last edited:
Sorry for bumping but i just had to express my anger, i went everywhere looking for one at 7am and eventually i got in a lineup at EB and i was 30th out of 25 wii's man im angry how did this happen RAWR!

Anyways me and my mom thought the same thing, why didnt' the add like another 50 wiis to each store they woulda still sold out? Tis a question that has been bothering me for 2 days now.

OH YES!! SWEET SWEET PREORDER AVAILABILITY!!! Ok, just so u know, im auzzzi and melbournian. Malverns Gametraders have availabilty!!!!!!!!!

Wii

Got to eb at 8:10 A.M on sunday, waited in line for five hours in the cold, -2 celcious. only twenty units, I got number fourteeen. SCORE!:yesnod: :smilewinkgrin:

my best buy had 84 wii's, i was number 69 showing up at 6:30 AM and getting the ticket at 8 AM....about 15 people got denied....i was suprised the big turnout

Back