What happened to the $250 Wii?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColbZ

WiiChat Member
Feb 4, 2008
Ok, what's going on here? When the Wii first came out around last year, it sold for $250, and Nintendo said it would QUOTE: "not exceed $250 in America or 25,000 yen in Japan"

Link

After reading that, I was very happy because $250 was in my price range. So I searched everywhere I could to find a place to buy it. I first searched Amazon, because they always have the cheapest prices, and - WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?! The VERY CHEAPEST price for a Nintendo Wii console is 380 bucks!! And that's for a USED ONE!!!!! :wtf: So, I searched other places, but STILL no luck!!! I Froogle'd it, eBay'ed it, Buy.com'ed it, PriceGrabber.com'ed it, but nothing is cheaper. What's going on here?! Seems to me that Nintendo is just a bunch of big fat liars, because not only did the Wii exceed $250, it almost DOUBLED it. Usually for electronics, when time goes by, the price goes DOWN, not UP!!!! Is there something I'm missing here? Please help...:(

ColbZ said:
Ok, what's going on here? When the Wii first came out around last year, it sold for $250, and Nintendo said it would QUOTE: "not exceed $250 in America or 25,000 yen in Japan" (http://www.gamespot.com/news/6151827.html) After reading that, I was very happy because $250 was in my price range. So I searched everywhere I could to find a place to buy it. I first searched Amazon, because they always have the cheapest prices, and - WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?! The VERY CHEAPEST price for a Nintendo Wii console is 380 bucks!! And that's for a USED ONE!!!!! :wtf: So, I searched other places, but STILL no luck!!! I Froogle'd it, eBay'ed it, Buy.com'ed it, PriceGrabber.com'ed it, but nothing is cheaper. What's going on here?! Seems to me that Nintendo is just a bunch of big fat liars, because not only did the Wii exceed $250, it almost DOUBLED it. Usually for electronics, when time goes by, the price goes DOWN, not UP!!!! Is there something I'm missing here? Please help...:(
You do realise that Nintendo aren't actually responsible for the price of the console. I'm not sure who is responsible for the R.R.P of a product though...

Oh, and also, are you familiar with the concept of value and rarity? I can't say for anywhere else, but where I live, you cannot find a Wii on sale, second hand or otherwise.

Not that I'm condoning it, more just saying "It's to be expected".

Hey there Doctor Deetedee, did you know that Nintendo doesn't sell their consoles on ebay, buy.com, or amazon??? They sell retail for 250$, ask any Gamestop, Best Buy, or even Walmart worker, they'll tell you.

The wii is $250 or so but since u can't find it anywhere people are trying to make a quick buck by charging more for it, if u look and are able to find on either @ BestBuy or WallMart and other stores like this ones I'm sure u'll get it for $250 but like i said thats only if u are able to find one for sale.

~X

yep thats the way it works, search for it,camp out for it, Luck out with it, and you get the 250 price...
if you want it garanteed without the work/luck your gonna have to pay a premium or be forced into a bundle buy...

You have to do what everyone else did for the Wii and hunt one down, this is not an impulse buy item thats for sure, because your way more that lucky if you chance across one! even now at over a year since launch there are just about impossibal to find.
Ask your local stores when they normally get shipments in for Wii's alot of times they all get them off the same truck... Find the one with the most comming in and camp out the day its supose to arive. I had good luck with toys-r-us they had something like 18 delivered at open "10am" on sunday morning i was 17th and had been there since 8am.

Please dont be angry At Nintendo

At any brick & mortar store, ie Target, BestBuy, Wal-mart, GameStop, CircutCity, the MSRP is in us $249.99 + state sales tax for a Wii....if you plan it out or luky enough to be there when they have one in stock...thats all it costs....so its not Nintendo who is jacking up the price, nor is the retail stores...but what is known as "Supply & Demand" and I'm rather shocked that it's state of "Supply & Demand" is still that high so long after its first launch date...to me this says somthing about the Product.

I think eveyone has been dying to say this but has been holding off because you're new

but I'll say it.

WOW YOU'RE STUPID

SantaClaws said:
I think eveyone has been dying to say this but has been holding off because you're new

but I'll say it.

WOW YOU'RE STUPID

I actually said it already, its just hidden in the message.

I got mine at ToysRus by calling one Friday morning to see when they might have them and was told a shipment just came in. :)

If anyone is near New York City you can go to the Nintendo World store near Rockafeller Plaza, they ALWAYS have Wii's and they are $249.99.

ColbZ said:
Ok, what's going on here? When the Wii first came out around last year, it sold for $250, and Nintendo said it would QUOTE: "not exceed $250 in America or 25,000 yen in Japan" (http://www.gamespot.com/news/6151827.html) After reading that, I was very happy because $250 was in my price range. So I searched everywhere I could to find a place to buy it. I first searched Amazon, because they always have the cheapest prices, and - WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?! The VERY CHEAPEST price for a Nintendo Wii console is 380 bucks!! And that's for a USED ONE!!!!! :wtf: So, I searched other places, but STILL no luck!!! I Froogle'd it, eBay'ed it, Buy.com'ed it, PriceGrabber.com'ed it, but nothing is cheaper. What's going on here?! Seems to me that Nintendo is just a bunch of big fat liars, because not only did the Wii exceed $250, it almost DOUBLED it. Usually for electronics, when time goes by, the price goes DOWN, not UP!!!! Is there something I'm missing here? Please help...:(

A core Wii:

Wii console
Wii remote
Wii Nunchuk
Wii Sports

should cost $249.99

But many stores are offering the wii as bundles (to get more money) with extra controls and games for higher prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back