Defend Your Castle confirmed for WiiWare

vashivihan

Let There Be Rock
Oct 24, 2007
canada
Wii Online Code
8799-9801-1544-7718
XGen Studios is best known as a developer and publisher of Flash Games on the Internet, which since its inception of 2001 has grown into a company with a user base of over 3 million players. It announced in January that it was expanding to create a secret project for the Nintendo WiiWare service - something we now learn is an updated port of its popular Flash title, Defend Your Castle.

Originally released in March 2003, Defend Your Castle challenges players to defend their castle from the never-ending onslaught from an invading army. Killing foes is as simple as picking them up with a left-click of the mouse and flinging them into the air (allowing gravity to bring them back down to earth with an almighty, bloody bump) - a gesture that suits the Wii Remote perfectly for gameplay up to four players.

Other attacks include firing arrows and kamikaze tactics, while defensive measures can also be taken to fortify your castle. NGamer reports that the WiiWare version of Defend Your Castle will include enhanced graphics and new abilities (including an eraser that can be used to rub out enemies and converting them into minions to fight on your side).

“We’re thrilled to announce that the classic game play enjoyed by Millions is coming to your living room in the form of a new title with compelling additions,” said Skye Boyes, president, XGen Studios, Inc. on the date of the original announcement in January 2008. “We’re taking advantage of the creative freedom afforded by WiiWare to bring fans a captivating co-op game, with great competitive elements and irresistibly charming art direction.”

“We can’t wait to show fans what we’re building,” added Jordan Dubuc, director of operations for XGen Studios. “The jump-in, jump-out casual style appeals to a broad audience for both quick and extended play sessions.”

Defend Your Castle will launch alongside WiiWare on March 12 in North America and cost 500 Wii Points.

Will you be paying for an updated version of something you can pay online for free?

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!1 linkage

Yeah i have been reading about this game it looks really sweet it will be one of the first wiiware games that i purchase if not the first.

Yes, I have had a lot of fun with this game but thought it would be more fun to play...not on my laptop. I will DL this for sure. Nice find.

Dav_4550 said:
Yes, I have had a lot of fun with this game but thought it would be more fun to play...not on my laptop. I will DL this for sure. Nice find.

yeah looks good with updated graphics, 4 player coop and stuff. kinda reminds me of street fighter remix for xbl

Interesting. I wonder if they'll keep the blood and stuff in, but I'll get it regardless :3

I might purchase it as well, if its substantially better than the online ones, then I surely will.

wow i guess i'm the odd man out, i'm not going to be getting this game, i'll just stick to the flash game....unless it's mroe challanging, the flash game is way to easy for my taste

ahhh i remember playing this game at school in web design :lol:

haha, I love this game. Will be interesting to see how much they change it from the flash version.

Back