Different Wireless Routers

WiiPlaya

WiiChat Member
Dec 31, 2006
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Wii Online Code
3415-0647-7515-5310
i was just wondering the differences between the N and the G wireless routers. and possibly some tips on a good router for future online play

The main difference between N and G is that N has a much greater throughput and greater area coverage. I would go with Linksys or even Netgear since most people have success with those routers.

It should also be noted that N is still practially in the beta stages, and very buggy. I highly recomend you go with G, especially since the Wii is involved. Even if the router can go faster, the Wii can't, so you won't gain anything even on the slim chance that you do manage to get the two to connect.

ok so i was thinking of going with the Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router With SpeedBooster (WRT54GS-CA) anyone kno of the compatibility between this router and the wii? or of a site that can show me a list of all the compatible routers?

That one will work. My uncle has it and I have connected my WII on it. I'm using the reguler WRT54G without the speedbooster.

Back