Disable power button on WII remote (PLZ HELP KEEP TURNING OFF WII BY ACCIDENT)

barbhero

WiiChat Member
Dec 24, 2010
Is there a way to make it so the power button on WII remote doesn't turn of the WII?

I just got the new super mario bros. WII and I can't play it because I keep turning off the WII by accident. You know the direction pad I use with my thumb, well I guess I just hold my thumb kinda diagonally across the WI remote so it goes right over the power button.

Now sometimes, I must just press on the remote kinda hard while I'm playing and the next thing I know the WII turns off. This keeps happening and then I have to go back and keep clearing worlds cause it only saves when you beat a castle.

How can I stop it from doing this!? Please someone help me or will send the BURKER KING after you! :burgerking:

a wiimote jacket should help prevent that from happening... there's also an attachment that fits over the wiimote, making it like a more comfortable controller. good luck with that...

I've played mine sideways without the Jacket. I've played for hours without hitting the power button.

a wiimote jacket should help prevent that from happening... there's also an attachment that fits over the wiimote, making it like a more comfortable controller. good luck with that...

Ah, great. It just happened again while I was waiting for a reply and I was about to give up playing. I'll give it a try with the jacket and if that doesn't work I'll look for the attachment. Thanks for the tip. You may rest assured that the BURKER KING :burgerking: will not come get you and have a happy Christmas.

Last edited:
I've played mine sideways without the Jacket. I've played for hours without hitting the power button.

Well, I'm happy for you, but don't forget: The BURKER KING is watching. :burgerking: A happy Christmas to you.

Back