Wiimote turning off on its own

ewazzie

WiiChat Member
Jan 5, 2010
Please help...I'm not very knowledgeable about the Wii but the remote keeps turning off by itself. I have replaced batteries, tried taking off the motion plus thing, tried rechargeable batteries...but this thing keeps turning off on its own. We will be in the middle of any game and it will turn off. Is there something that I have done wrong or is it best to just exchange the remote? (it is the black remote with motion plus). Thanks for any help.

Could it be that Wii Jacket is pressing the button?

Otherwise: exchange at your local store for another one.

Mine does the same thing. That is normal. It's not off just in sleep mode after it detects no input. Like if you go to the bathroom or something 5 minutes later it goes to sleep. press a button and it awakens and the communication with the remote message goes away.

Could it be that Wii Jacket is pressing the button?

He said the remote is turning off, not the Wii. There is no button that turns off the remote.

Mine does the same thing. That is normal. It's not off just in sleep mode after it detects no input. Like if you go to the bathroom or something 5 minutes later it goes to sleep. press a button and it awakens and the communication with the remote message goes away.

He said it goes off while in the middle of a game, not sitting unattended.

He said the remote is turning off, not the Wii. There is no button that turns off the remote.
not true. if you just hold the power button for a second or so the remote will turn on off but not the wii. hold it for a few seconds and the wii turns off. it could actually be the jacket like YL suggested

not true. if you just hold the power button for a second or so the remote will turn on off but not the wii. hold it for a few seconds and the wii turns off. it could actually be the jacket like YL suggested

I think you need to try that again. That button is only for turning the Wii itself on and off.

yet the wiimote will turn off if i hold it for only a second or so.
i think you need to learn your stuff

It does happen while I'm in the middle of a game sometimes. If I take too long to respond or think about my next move. Or sometimes when the battery is on its last lims. It could be the battery. The batteries don't last forever you know. If she has been using it for a few hours on a heavy game it could. It is not wired so it will eventually die. Just get the rechargable pack and keep rotating when they die. These work good for me.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Rocketf...844175&skuId=9185231&st=wii battery&cp=1&lp=7

yet the wiimote will turn off if i hold it for only a second or so.
i think you need to learn your stuff

Do a Google search for: how to turn off wii remote
Search Nintendo tech support too.
You won't find any mention of being able to turn off just the remote by pressing the power button. And it's something a lot of people ask about.

won't find any mention of it. fine.
does it still work that way? yes. and i know its not a glitch because that would mean all 4 of mine are glitched all 4 of one of my friends, all 4 of another friends and the 2 of another friend. i find it hard to believe we all have glitched wiimotes

won't find any mention of it. fine.
does it still work that way? yes. and i know its not a glitch because that would mean all 4 of mine are glitched all 4 of one of my friends, all 4 of another friends and the 2 of another friend. i find it hard to believe we all have glitched wiimotes

I just tested all 4 of mine.
Short press: Nothing
Medium press: Nothing
Long press: remote goes off followed by the Wii itself

Nothing I tried would make the remote turn off but leaving the Wii on. Which means it's working like the manual says and like Nintendo tech support says.

I have the same problem and the same message coming up. It has happened on three different games and using both the remote/nunchuck or the wii zapper.The batteries are new too - I only changed them a few days ago and don't sit here playing day and night so they should be still fairly fresh. I have sent an email to the wii service centre so fingers crossed, they have an answer!

oh sometime cause the nunchuk like twisted and d/c a bit from the wiimote but not fully. Happens sometime, like on brawl. Its not too big, but if you hate it go get it checked and fixed.

Back