Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Kram

WiiChat Member
Dec 30, 2006
Wii Online Code
2759-7546-3711-0996
Is anyone good with fixing wii remotes?
Mines having a weird problem, when I'm playing a game, for no reason, my wii remote switches itself off, and then comes back on within 2 secs, it still keeps synched on the 1st light.
It seems to be when I move it about it turns off and on again, its definitely NOT the batteries, as ive tried 3 brand new pairs, and the same keeps happening.
Its so annoying as I cant play anything at the moment without it switching off halfway through a game!
Help!:nonod:

Hmm, strange. it seems like remote isn't getting the right signal. Try putting the sensor bar on top or on the bottom of your tv, whichever way you have it. if that doesn't work...I'd say...faulty remote, check to see if your remotes under warranty...not sure if they are.

actually u might wanna try re-synching the remote with the syncro button...
otherwise yeah, its prbly broken

WWW. NINTENGAMER5.com

[but with an S not a 5]

Its really weird, cos 1 minute it can work for a while, then it just decides to turn off and on again straight away, maybe a loose connection inside?

Your best bet would be to unsynch and resynch using the red buttons like mostlyspoons suggested. If that doesn't work, a call to Nintendo should solve your problems, they'll either tell you how to fix it over the phone or send you a replacement:)

Well I tried unsyncing it and re-syncing it, but no luck
Which number should I use to call Nintendo up, and should I tell them what I said above?

Yes, it's obviously not the batteries as Lord Kram said in his first post...
Lord Kram said:
its definitely NOT the batteries, as ive tried 3 brand new pairs, and the same keeps happening.
Have a look here for Nintendo contacts if you are in the US which I am assuming. I'd call the 1800 number at in the "Nintendo System Set-Up, Troubleshooting and Repair" section! Good luck!

Oceanic said:
Yes, it's obviously not the batteries as Lord Kram said in his first post...

I read that part and I stand by my post. I had the same issue with a package of batteries from Ikea. I replaced them a few times and it didn't help. Once I switch to some duracells from the DVD player remote it worked perfectly.

Actually, Ciper could be right. Try some good trusted name brand batteries...if you haven't. Ikea is that sweedish store right? with all kinds of housewares.

ciper said:
I read that part and I stand by my post. I had the same issue with a package of batteries from Ikea. I replaced them a few times and it didn't help. Once I switch to some duracells from the DVD player remote it worked perfectly.
Point taken, I see where you're coming from. Ikea probably aren't the best producers of batteries.:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back