Distorted picture or interference

gingy

WiiChat Member
Dec 24, 2006
Wii worked fine but after adding the internet channel the Wii menu screen has
marks on it like rain trickling down and on lighter backgrounds of games it gets quite bad.Happy Feet is the worst with the snow scenes.All connections and settings seem OK!Any similar problem or ideas anyone please?

I have the same exact problem. I have noticed mine since the first day though. I am hooking it up to a 40" Sony XBR LCD. I tried upgrading to the component cables but the problem is still there. I emailed nintendo but they havent gotten back to me yet. Anyone??

I am having this same problem after installing Opera Browser. I got home from Christmas Eve last night, saw I had a message and powered up my Wii. The screen has like little flashing marks on it (like trickling rain). Its a normal CRT tv, and I thought maybe it was the connection or something or possible interference from the speakers my uncle hooked up to the stereo last night. I took it on a new Sony Bravia LCD.. same thing. Im using normal Composite cables and have had no problems until after installing the browser. I guess ill try calling Nintendo tomorrow.. im just worried theyre going to try to blame it on me somehow. I do have a 3 year replacement plan from Toys R us but.. I don't wanna lose my data.

Megakurth. You explained it on the spot. Its like trickling rain. Mine has been there since I bought the WII though..
IMG_0609Medium.jpg

IMG_0610Medium.jpg

IMG_0611Medium.jpg

IMG_0613Medium.jpg

IMG_0614Medium.jpg

IMG_0615Medium.jpg

IMG_0616Medium.jpg

yea.. thats exactly what im having, just not in the same spots. Its really annoying me and for some reason im thinking Nintendos going to try to blame me for it one way or another. Its something I rather would not live with. Luckily I have a 3 year repair plan but..

Yeah man I can see how that would be annoying. You might as well forward thouse pics to Nintendo. I think there is something bad wrong with your Wii. But don't open that thing up. It will end the warenty.

I just played Rayman and holy crap. Its even worse now. Its almost not playable. I emailed them but the automated thing said it would take 3-5 days for a response.

Man i hope u get a response fast. After they fix it or replace it.. you will have a lot of fun.

Just give customer service a call. They know about the problem. Some units are apparently overheating the GPU.

Back