Do games have language settings? (spanish wii for ireland)

dlane99

WiiChat Member
Nov 20, 2007
Ive been trying to get a wii for weeks for my 7 year old sons christmas present.
They can't be got here in ireland.
My parents are going to bring me one from spain.
My dad opened the box and said that the instructions were only in spanish/italian and german.
Im not very worried about the language on the console because ive read that it can be changed (can anyone confirm?)
What is worrying me a little is whether or not he will be able to play the wii sports that comes in the box.
If its in spanish and the language cant be changed then itl cause a problem.
Has anyone goten a wii from mainland europe?
Were you able to play wii sports in english?
Id appreciate any info!
Thanks.

Yes it can be changed to English
It usealy asks you when you first turn it on

dlane99 said:
Ive been trying to get a wii for weeks for my 7 year old sons christmas present.
They can't be got here in ireland.
My parents are going to bring me one from spain.
My dad opened the box and said that the instructions were only in spanish/italian and german.
Im not very worried about the language on the console because ive read that it can be changed (can anyone confirm?)
What is worrying me a little is whether or not he will be able to play the wii sports that comes in the box.
If its in spanish and the language cant be changed then itl cause a problem.
Has anyone goten a wii from mainland europe?
Were you able to play wii sports in english?
Id appreciate any info!
Thanks.
Why the hell can't you get them in Ireland? What a backwards country :lol:

Yes you can play Wiisports in English (I do, I live in Spain, have a Spaniwh Wii, but everything is set in English), just change in the configuration of your Wii the language and country to English and the game will be played in English.
Now if you buy a Spanish game, for example COD3, and your Wii is set on English, the game will be played in French (as the game is created in France), and the second language of the game is Spanish.
Now if you buy the rest of the games in Ireland, everything will be in English, don´t worry about.

FUnny is that I have my Wii in SPanish, and recieve emails from Big N, and when I trun it into English I receive the mails again and sometimes on different dates. Funny, not??

excellent,
thanks for such fast and helpful replies!
now im not worried anymore.

will get the games in ireland.

big shortages in the uk & ireland,
dosen't appear to be a problem on the continent tho,
as lots of people here are getting consoles from NL,ES,CH,DE, etc...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/7094069.stm
(we not backward, just all hardcore gamers that buy every console! :ciappa: )

dlane99 said:
excellent,
thanks for such fast and helpful replies!
now im not worried anymore.

will get the games in ireland.

big shortages in the uk & ireland,
dosen't appear to be a problem on the continent tho,
as lots of people here are getting consoles from NL,ES,CH,DE, etc...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/7094069.stm
(we not backward, just all hardcore gamers that buy every console! :ciappa: )
Oh sorry I misunderstood. I thought you meant that they literally DID NOT sell them at all. I didn't know they were just sold out.

Hello! We have a Wii set to English and just purchased a used Wii game. This game is playing in French. Other games previously played are still in English. How can I change this?

Hello! We have a Wii set to English and just purchased a used Wii game. This game is playing in French. Other games previously played are still in English. How can I change this?

You can´t. Is you have your Wii Setting in English and in the game you can´t select an English language option, than youy just have bought yourself the "FRENCH" version of the game.

This is normal these days. For example "Call Of Duty BLACK OPS" have defirent version. An English and (where I live) a Spanish version. The reason is because there are a lot of dialogues during the game, which ocupies a lot of DVD space.

If you can´t change it in the game, sorry but you will be stuck with the french version. Doesn the cover of the game tells you anything of which languages are in the game?

Back