Do I need to change anything on my Windows Firewall?

mart999

WiiChat Member
Jan 17, 2007
Hi Folks!
Sure someone can advise me here....

I have a USB WiFi dongle, XP SP2 running, so is there some configuring within the Windows Firewall I have to do before I can connect successfully?

I have also allowed my internet connection sharing on my broadband to allow this, my Local Area Connection to access the Internet so know its not that.
Thanks a lot
Mart

mart999 said:
Hi Folks!
Sure someone can advise me here....

I have a USB WiFi dongle, XP SP2 running, so is there some configuring within the Windows Firewall I have to do before I can connect successfully?

I have also allowed my internet connection sharing on my broadband to allow this, my Local Area Connection to access the Internet so know its not that.
Thanks a lot
Mart
Hi mate, will you check out my post http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii...forming-connection-test-using-usb-dongle.html and see if you can see something that I'm missing? I'm trying to connect a usb wifi dongle too and it's not working for me!!! I can get as far as the connection test (it recognises my wii's name on my p.c. but it's as if the p.c. is not talking back to the wii?! I've tried allsorts..........

In answer to your question about the window's firewall I just turned mine off!!

Back