Do VC titles have improved framerates?

Vanquish23

Supahstar
May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Wii Online Code
8617-4848-0755-6983
Can anyone attest to this? It really irks me to think that something as simple as framerate issues or lags would not be fixed, as that doesn't affect gameplay / retro presentation, etc. whatsoever.

I was thinking about purchasing Mario Kart 64, and I know at times that game did have its issues with the framerate.

I already own Link to the Past, Gunstar Heroes, and Gradius III. Unfortunately, the lag on Gradius III still sucks but I was wondering if the framerate improved on other games, particularly MK64.

Actually, it turns out you're wrong! =)

I downloaded Mario Kart 64 yesterday and the framerate is improved considerably!! I was very, very surprised and impressed, because I was expecting a duplicate port of the original.

But on such laggy tracks (most obvious would be Yoshi's in Rainbow Cup), the framerate does NOT slow down! It was a great addition to my VC collection.

He is not wrong. Nintendo "updated" the version of Starfox available for download to put the slowdown back into the game in order to stick with their previous stance of not changing the games.

Just the opinion of an idiot coming home at 2:00 am after a total victory of my 8-ball team, 5-0...........against the first place team.....(Im a gamer through and through)

They are not going to go back and do any reprogramming of an old game, especially for a frame rate improvement to an old game.. It does not make them ANY money.

From what Ive understood, the mario kart thing is an error. Its not on every stage, (they wouldnt improve the framerate on moomoo farm and nothing else) and the FPS doesnt need any improvement on mario kart, except it slows down MORE than the N64 did, when you play 4 player battle mode.......so think about THAT for a bit. If they were gonna improve the FPS, it wouldnt suck so bad when I play 4 player.

Nothing REALLY to do with what you are saying, but I;ve noticed many errors on Ninja Gaiden, in the 4 weeks Ive played it, that never happened in 20 years of me owning it................I am stuck on a wall, a bird hits me, I die with 3 or 2 bars of life left and me and my 2 friends scream and throw **** because I have just clearly died an unjust death.....I mean....I have life left.
I jumped into a bottomless pit and came out the ceiling, panicking, and falling to my doom again, not expecting to appear on the roof.,,,whatever man.....and then, when I am climbing down a "stairs" r whatever to the next part of the level, my guy dove off to his death, while I was clearly doing something else in front of my witnesses......I mean, you have to jump to fall off and die, and with my jump hand, I was passing a large glass tube full of water around the room..............SO IMPROVE THAT BITCHES!

Back