A little assistance needed (not in the way you'd roll your eyes at)

tylorwalls

WiiChat Member
Nov 21, 2006
Oklahoma, USA
Wii Online Code
3837-2192-5814-2429
Alright, here is the thing. I'm not a new to gaming, it's been pretty much what I would call my life, but I have parents who really haven't been the most supportive of my passtime. The virtual console has really let me relive some of the great games I've played through the years, and I must agree, they don't make 'em like the used to! Anyways, I have 1500 points to spend. Getting back to my lack of support, I was never really able to get crazy amounts of games when I was growing up, but I had my fair share. Most of these titles were Nintendo games, though I had a Genesis. My question for all you fine posters here at wiichat is to help me spend these 1500 points on a few titles that will really open me up to some new franchises! I'd really love to hear what you guys think are great, especially for TG16 and Genesis. I'll list my collection here, so as not leave you guys wondering on what I have or don't. Sorry for such a lengthy question! Here is my list of games so far:

NES:
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. 2
Tecmo Bowl
Kirby's Adventure
The Legend of Zelda
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream

SNES:
The Legend of Zelda: a Link to the Past
Super Mario World
Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
Street Fighter II' Turbo: Hyper Fighting
Street Fighter II: The World Warrior (Yes I bought both, yes I was bummed when turbo came out, yes it is much sweeter)
Gradius III
Super Ghouls n' Ghosts
Super Castlevania IV

Genesis:
Sonic the Hedgehog
Gunstar Heroes

TGfx16:
Bomberman '93
Military Madness

N64:
Starfox 64
Super Mario 64
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

I'd also like to point out that I have the Sonic Mega Collection. (I bought it after I got Sonic on VC...)

Thanks for all your input!

Last edited:
My suggestions:

Super Castlevania (SNES)
MarioKart 64 (N64)

Wiiman14:
I almost bought the sonic collection for gamecube. It got an okay rating, though. Maybe I'll buy it later. It looked very good from outside the case, lots of sonic games.

Last edited:
If you're looking for more Sega and TG-16 games, I'd suggest the Bonk series, Story of Thor/Beyond Oasis, and the Streets of Rage series.

I'd also recommend avoiding VF2 (worst video game port ever!).

whoops, sorry. I actually do have castlevania on SNES. I added it to my list. As for Mario Kart 64, I already have double dash, so I didn't think I'd play it that much.

Paper Mario (N64). I don't care if you have it for N64 or not, it's such a kick-duff game you have to get it for VC.

Back