Shop Channell issues

zeon9881 said:
nothing theirs nothing in the bottom right

Sorry i dont know then, maybe reboot your computer and try to start the software again?

For all of you that are trying to access your router settings, if you installed the router software on your computer, just run the executable or the shortcut, go in and change your required settings

If you are like me, and you don't want the router's software wasting space on every computer you own (in multiple computer homes, I have 5 computers of my own that are connected, all of which do not have the software installed), open your internet browser (IE, Firefox, netscape, Opera, Safari, etc.) and type in your router's access IP

There are 4 router brands I have used 3 of which I know the IP's for, for the 4th one, it's the same IP as one of the other three

Linksys 192.168.1.1
Belkin 192.168.2.1
Netgear 192.168.0.1 (I think)

If none of the IPs above work replace the 3rd octet with a different number between 0 and 255 until it lets you in, after you go to the settings page, you may need to type in a password, for Linksys routers, the user name is left blank and the password is admin, for a Belkin router, unless you set a password, you can leave the password field blank, I am not sure what you do on a Netgear router, for more information, RTM, after you log in, look for the wireless channel tab

Last suggestion, before doing anything else (like changing settings in your router), is unplugging your router/cable-modem for 10 seconds and then plug it back in. Make sure it gets a solid internet connection (indicated by a solid internet light on the router, usually) before trying again.

This has solved my connection issues every time I've tried. I have had better luck since switching my router to broadcast on channel 1 or 11 (I don't remember which one I picked), though. I've had to reset my modem far fewer times (every other week or so).

Back