Super Mario BROS. Too Dark?

Wiiaholic

aka Mr. Duddle
Dec 20, 2006
USA
Wii Online Code
4391-3728-1657-2213
I'm unsure if it is my Panasonic 55'' HDTV or not, but when I purchased Super Mario BROS. today off the Wii Shop Channel, I noticed the game appeared rather dark compared to other VC titles? Anyone else notice this? I had to jack the brightness up 15 points to make it viewable. Other titles like Solomon's Key are fine.

my super mario download seemed fine. you could try deleting it and re-downloading it... you can download it a second time for free

Seems fine on mine, granted i'm not playing on a HDTV.
A little strange, the older VC games might be run on some TV's on another setting (eg. pre-set to 50Hz)?

I should hook up the Wii to a regular analog 20'' tv I have and see if it appears brighter. I must debunk this issue hehe.

its probably your tv, also know that its not safe for your tv to be playing VC games only because in super mario bros, its always the same screen, eventually it could burn in. I have a seperate tv that i play my VC games on.

Yes. I worry a lot about the burn-in issues that comes w/ gaming. I did enable that burn-in reduction option that the Wii has. I hope that helps! It probably is the television though. I wish the VC games had more visual options though. I can tweak Super Mario BROS. on my Xbox running ZSNESBOX and make it look sooooooooooooooooooooo much better than the VC ver.

Back