Do You Believe Games Are Never Dead?

daisyJ27

Angel Of Chaos
Oct 29, 2009
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
Some people think just because a large number of people stop playing a game that it's dead or inactive. I don't think that way i think the game maybe dead to that person but never to everyone as a whole. Games will always spark interest for that specific individual. What do you all think of this?

I'd refer to a game as "dead" if the community is small enough that ya've memorized every player within a week of playin' it regularly. ohai AC:III on Wii U

In other words, once a game completely losses public interest I'd consider it dyin'. Once the community comprises of nothin' but the occasional few newbies and a high percentage of dedicated veterans, it's dead. Said community will no longer grow and only get even smaller over time.

Years after its release, PSO and Ultima Online are still going.

Online really tends to die out with consoles, PC theres fan servers

I don't think that way i think the game maybe dead to that person but never to everyone as a whole. Games will always spark interest for that specific individual.
I agree. & you know what they say, one man's trash is another man's treasure

Dead only refers to the multiplayer aspect of a game. A Community in such games represents life, and to be dead, it must have lived at one point. Games like Super Mario Bros and Crash Bandicoot are merely "retro" or "gems." Games like past Call of Duties and FarmVille are "dead."At least that's my view on it :p

CODs multi seems to die down when a new game comes out, on the other hand DOOM still has loads of fan ones.

And Farmville is just a lame version of Harvest moon

I love NES games. Not very many people play them,so I consider them dead. I started playing videogames when I was two years old

I love NES games. Not very many people play them,so I consider them dead. I started playing videogames when I was two years old

Errrr what?

The NES is more popular today than it was back then

Only time when the NES is dead is when its broke

secondkarp.jpeg

... From a standpoint of the experience, anyways. Playin' on a PC screen, even with an adaptable controller, just ain't the same. But still, save states and built-in cheating devices ftw.

Well now that I have a BLOODY NEO GEO (CD) I can honselty say.

Metal Slug is awesomer than Sammo Hung fight in a props warehouse

secondkarp.jpeg... From a standpoint of the experience, anyways. Playin' on a PC screen, even with an adaptable controller, just ain't the same. But still, save states and built-in cheating devices ftw.
YES! It's always best to play games on their original console', otherwise it's just not the same. I always wanted to play Super Mario Bros on NES but that most likely won't happen due to the fact of me not knowing anyone with a NES.

Actually, homebrew isnt nativliy made on the host console, its rare that it sees an actual physical realese

Back