New Dead Space Wii Details(Disappointing)

You do realise I was talking about Third Person Shooters right? Not all games...

Oh, and for the record, it's [sarcasm] [/sarcasm]. "*word*" denotes an action, not a way of saying things. For example, *facepalm*.

It was a joke dude. Y'know laugh?? Also I couldn't care less about the technical way of implying sarcasm, I'm sure everyone else couldn't care less either.

It was a joke dude. Y'know laugh?? Also I couldn't care less about the technical way of implying sarcasm, I'm sure everyone else couldn't care less either.
Fair enough. It's just [/sarcasm] is basically a parody of the kind of code on these types of forums (where [/url] for example is the ending to a web link).

Oh, and I do have a sense of humour. Honestly...

Fair enough. It's just [/sarcasm] is basically a parody of the kind of code on these types of forums (where [/url] for example is the ending to a web link).

Oh, and I do have a sense of humour. Honestly...

I don't know, maybe it wasn't funny, but I find the thought of an on-rails Street Fighter HILARIOUS!!

*sarcasm*This just announced!! Street Fighter IV is coming to the Wii!!! It's gonna be an on-rails fighter where you shake the Wiimote to punch and shake the nunchuck to kick!!! Watch ouT!! Here comes Ryu shake the Wiimote!! SHAKE THE WIIIMOTE!!! *sarcasm*
Sadly I can picture this happening.

It's a shame for some points:
First EA must build a DIRECT PORT FROM THE ORIGINAL with the same next-gen ENGINE, WE DON'T WANT A PREQUEL!! (If they do a port directly the graphics will looks far better, more sharp, crisp and clear. These graphics looks opaque!!).

What the hell are you talking about? You know nothing about how porting engines work, COD5 on the Wii runs on the COD4 engine and that looks like a freaking Dreamcast game. In addition, the visuals for this game are absolutely amazing.

Second a THIRD-PERSON shooter as the original and RE4 did!!
Except for the grammar, agreed. Dead Space was great because it was RE4 x10 in space. This game is trying to be Umbrella Chronicles x10 in space, and while that kind of game CAN be fun, it's just not as good as a third-person action shooter, where you can explore instead of being forced to go through one or two directions. These kind of games also tend to be short and have limited content because the developers get freaking bored of it as quickly as the players surely will.

Third, they need to know what exactly the Wii Owners WANT!!
Dude, we just want games that are games. Not this crummy garbage that gets released by the tons every day but stuff that we'll own and play for more than a week.

I've just had an idea that would make this game better.

What if you were to able to actually plot out where you want to go? You'd follow that on rails, but will also allow you to explore everything as well.

Imagine getting to your destination, and you have to go somewhere else, up pops a menu and you choose which way you go. All of a sudden, half way through getting there, a bulk head explodes and blocks your path, the menu pops up again and you have to plot an alternate route.

Would be an interesting twist to the on-rails genre. It'd also make the game last past it's predetermined path.

You got it wrong, it's not even a shooter, so if that was what you were expecting... :frown2: do more research on games in the future before buying. It's survival horror.. and survival horror at its best.

Survival horror isn't even a genre; it's a sub-genre. The words don't tell you anything about gameplay like the words "shooter", "puzzle" or "platformer" do. There are no games out there that are just survival horror. The object of Dead Space is to aim and shoot the enemy--it's a shooter. And it's survival horror, and it's action-adventure.

Survival horror isn't even a genre; it's a sub-genre. The words don't tell you anything about gameplay like the words "shooter", "puzzle" or "platformer" do. There are no games out there that are just survival horror. The object of Dead Space is to aim and shoot the enemy--it's a shooter. And it's survival horror, and it's action-adventure.

:thumbsup:
A little late - but thank you fellow wise man.. lol

Some people just don't get that very easy concept.

Resident Evil 1 is survival horror. The game isn't focused around shooting. Any genre can be a main genre or side genre. I've played text based and point and click survival horrors... Resident Evil is more about puzzles than it is shooting, you don't even have to fire a bullet to beat Resident Evil, but you do have to survive and you do have to do puzzles.

So survival horror IS a genre, just like anything can be.

But Dead Space is still survival horror. If at least neither shooter or survival horror are a sub genre. Because you can't beat the game without both mechanics.

Last edited:
Back