Do you think Rareware will offer games

Nope. They're owned by Microsoft now. Unfortunately, their old games probably won't be on the Virtual Console service either (except the Donkey Kong games, since Nintendo own the rights).

^-- sad but true....

though honestly i could see microsoft giving the go ahead at some point if it was financially sound....i mean all three companies lose money on the systems, why not make some money off the competitions loss?

Napalmbrain said:
Nope. They're owned by Microsoft now. Unfortunately, their old games probably won't be on the Virtual Console service either (except the Donkey Kong games, since Nintendo own the rights).

Maybe they can go the route that Square Enix did when they wanted to release Final Fantasy for Nintendo. Square made a paper company and used them as a contract source for Nintendo.

Last edited:
glassonion914 said:
Goldeneye would sure bring in some cash

I would love to see Goldeneye make its way back to Nintendo on the Virtual Console. Wonder where they would put the Z (trigger) button?

Last edited:
the z button is in kind of an awkward spot on the virtual console controller prototype they showed at E3, which according to nintendo isn't as finalized as the wii-mote and nunchuck. It's small and round on the right top side slightly left of the R shoulder button, IGN says they expect N64 games that use Z a lot to have the command moved to a different more easily accessible button. It would be nice if you could map the buttons any way you like for all the virtual console games.

Napalmbrain said:
Damn, those N64 games sure were fun... :(

Well IGN did list Goldeneye in a article on the VC, The rights are not strictly a third party situation. And with it being based on a movie franchise is another situation. I think the big N still has the publishing rights for the game.

SolidusRaccoon said:
Well IGN did list Goldeneye in a article on the VC, The rights are not strictly a third party situation. And with it being based on a movie franchise is another situation. I think the big N still has the publishing rights for the game.

Goldeneye would be an automatic buy if release on the Virtual Console.

in my opinion goldeneye is the best 1st person shooter iv ever played it brought a whole new meaning to intence gameplay, i would love 2 see goldeneye in all its glory once again

Back