Do you think Rocket: Robot on Wheels will come out on Virtual Console?

Honestly I can't say I've ever heard of it.

Honestly I can't say I've ever heard of it.

Rocket: Robot on Wheels (a.k.a. Sprocket) was an N64 title that was the first game developed by game producer Sucker Punch Productions, who also made the Sly Cooper games and the newly came-out InFamous. If I recall correctly, There was a walrus trying to take over a new amusement park and you played as a robot trying to stop him. The robot had lotsa different gadgets to help him get through 5 different worlds. I remember playing it alot as a child, but I sold my N64 and all my games for it to get a Wii.

We get one N64 game a year and this year was Zelda Majoras mask
So maybe not this year

Rocket: Robot on Wheels (a.k.a. Sprocket) was an N64 title that was the first game developed by game producer Sucker Punch Productions, who also made the Sly Cooper games and the newly came-out InFamous. If I recall correctly, There was a walrus trying to take over a new amusement park and you played as a robot trying to stop him. The robot had lotsa different gadgets to help him get through 5 different worlds. I remember playing it alot as a child, but I sold my N64 and all my games for it to get a Wii.

It was Jojo the Raccoon who took over the Whoopie World theme park, kidnapping Whoopie the Walrus in the process. Rocket had to stop Jojo and recover the Tickets and Tinker Tokens (equivalents to Banjo-Kazooie's Jigsaw Pieces and Notes). Twelve Tickets and 200 Tinker Tokens in each world. There are, I believe, seven worlds including Jojo's World. You can earn upgrades by collecting a certain amount of Tinker Tokens; a double-jump, freeze ray, etc. I actually purchased this game recently on Amazon. It has a great physics engine, especially for a N64 game. Starts out easy, but gets extremely difficult. It's an addicting game, lots of fun. If you like old-school, single-player platformers (i.e. Mario 64, Glover, Banjo-Kazooie), then you need to try this game.

To answer the OP's question, I highly doubt it. Nintendo announced that their downloadable gaming focus will shift to WiiWare while they downgrade the VC. I'm not sure how the game sold when it was released, but since it's relatively hard to find and not many people have heard of it, I would assume that it wasn't a big hit.

Last edited:
Back