Does Wiiconnect 24 really your system break !?

Joe

Banned
Oct 23, 2006
Parker CO
Wii Online Code
5856-5939-3035-0479
I am wondering can Wiiconnect 24 really break your console!?
I have heard error codes such as 110213 and 32002 have been popping up on a lot of Nintendo Wiis!!!
I am getting a USB wifi connecter this weekend and I want to be sure I am not risking anything!

WiiKyle said:
okay i dont know your answer, but i thought wii's had built in wifi?

they do, but he doesn't have a wireless network so he's gonna make a wifi network for the wii using the USB wifi thing

WiiKyle said:
okay i dont know your answer, but i thought wii's had built in wifi?

Theres a thing called the Nintendo USB wifi conecter that I plug into my computer and allows my Nintendo Wii to go online....simple!

WiiKyle said:
but i thought wii's had built in wifi?

Well, when it means wifi on the wii, it means it can pick up a wireless internet connection, so you don't have to plug in cables.

A USB WiFi adapter emits a small internet connection from your computer if it has internet, and the wii picks up that connection and is able to go online.

How would being shown an error code have anything to do with the system breaking? I know the one error code is because the shopping channel server is being owned. And the others have to do with people having there wireless connections set up incorrectly possibly because of WEP.

i only looked at this thread cus the title had my mind puzzled more than those books that yer suppose to look at cross-eyed or something and see a sailboat

wii 24 doesent break your system, but timeing out on the firmware update when you first connect to the internet will every time. Only if you time out before it finishes the update though. This happend with the 360 too. It bricks your system. I wish nentendos firmware backed itself up.

OK, stop and think about this.... Does a major part of the Wii cause the console to break? The error codes are flukes, you may be unlucky enough to get a defective unit, but probably not.

I actually heard of quite a few ppl gettin defective units on launch date...seemed as when they first connected to the net and downloaded the first wii system update it messed up their Wii Connect Device. Nintendo generously gave everyone who had these errors a advanced replacement meaning they sent the replacement wii first then gave you a few weeks to return your defective unit. This only affected the online part of the wii, which at this point isnt all too useful, single player still works so I think you can wait for a replacement if this happens to u

I was one of those who got 110213 on my launch console. I had to get a replacement which came very promptly and when I got that and updated that one, everything went fine.

abreev8 said:
I was one of those who got 110213 on my launch console. I had to get a replacement which came very promptly and when I got that and updated that one, everything went fine.

how much time did it take for you to get your other one?

This thread freaked me out , as I stumbled upon it while I just got my wii connected wirelessly after (LOTS of hard work and troubleshooting) ...to find out some people had to send back their wiis from doing this.

Considering I didn't buy mine on launch, I'll probably be okay.

But it looks like I'm not having any problems so far, just a slow, drawn out update process.....:sick:

intekmdma said:
how much time did it take for you to get your other one?

It was over Thanksgiving holidays and the weekend. I got it on Monday, so two business days.

so....is it safe to update now??... when i first got my Wii i updated with no problem at all... and now i'm thinking about it...is there another update already...i updated mine the day it came out....

Back