Does your pointer sometimes disappear from view?

TO_Lawyer

WiiChat Member
Jan 10, 2007
Just got my Wii. In making my menu selections with the Wii-Mote for example creating an avatar sometimes the pointer disappears from my TV screen for a few seconds at a time and I cannot make any selections.

The disappearance of the pointer is usually for only a few seconds but it has become very annoying.

Is this normal for the Wii?

I would appreciate your responses.

TO_Lawyer

Toronto, Canada

Is this normal

my pointer disappeares sometimes to its because you are too close to the sensor move back a bit and it should sort the problem it did for me

I found sometimes when I first turned on my Wii the pointer would not display for a few seconds as well.
Since I have done the firmware upgrade it seems allot better now.

happends to me alot too. but only on the menu. i'm as far away as i can get in my room (2.5 to 3 meters) it goes away less when i'm higher up, opposed to sitting. weird..

Cooki3monst3r said:
when i'm lying on my bed sometimes the cat likes to walk up and down on my legs and that makes the pointer disappear.

maybe you should get a new cat.

naw my kitty is the best, when he does that i just pick him up and chuck him onto the sofa. It never bothers me.

One thing i have notice is when im relaxed playing the wii with the remote laying on my lap, the creases in my jeans blocks the IR and screws with the pointer.

No, the reason is you're too far from the sensor bar, sit a bit closer and it should be fine, it happens to everyone when they're too far, it only has a limited range of which I can't think of atm.

There might be a problem with your sensor bar. I haven't had one problem with the pointer so far. The worse that happens to me is it shakes kinda bad for a second then stops.

:lovewii:Mines never dissapeared before, it sometimes goes inverted but I think that's my fault though. = ]

Back