Donkey Kong Country and others 2/19

mym6

WiiChat Member
Jan 26, 2007
ND USA
DKC for the SNES is here along with

The Legend of Kage (NES®, 1-2 players, 500 Wii Points)
New Adventure Island (TurboGrafx16, 1 player, 600 Wii Points)
Streets of Rage (Sega Genesis, 1-2 players, 800 Wii Points)

YES to Donkey Kong Country! Finally a solid game that I actually owned and want to own again. As for the other three only Streets of Rage sounds interesting to me...

mym6 said:
DKC for the SNES is here along with

The Legend of Kage (NES®, 1-2 players, 500 Wii Points)
New Adventure Island (TurboGrafx16, 1 player, 600 Wii Points)
Streets of Rage (Sega Genesis, 1-2 players, 800 Wii Points)

Damnit. Im too old school to have ever played DKC, so I might give that one a try. But this is kinda gay. If everyone in the world could vote for a game, and I mean everyone, the legend of Kage would get less votes than Bible Adventure and Karate Kid.

Legend of Kage pretty much sucks, but before you guys spend your money, run it on an emulator.

Another week of waiting around for not shi*t

Conan the Librarian said:
Damnit. Im too old school to have ever played DKC, so I might give that one a try. But this is kinda gay. If everyone in the world could vote for a game, and I mean everyone, the legend of Kage would get less votes than Bible Adventure and Karate Kid.

Legend of Kage pretty much sucks, but before you guys spend your money, run it on an emulator.

Another week of waiting around for not shi*t

LMAO...I was going to ask how that game is, but didn't want to incur the wrath of a potential Kage fanbase...

Appreciate the heads-up :thumbsup:

Streets of Rage!! Man, I hope it's out in the UK on Friday. That series is easily one of my most favourite ever.

RichardC01 said:
Streets of Rage!! Man, I hope it's out in the UK on Friday. That series is easily one of my most favourite ever.

This deserves more credit than i gave it b/c good multi-player games are few and far between for VC. The multi-player games ive gotten into with friends so far are mostly MKart64 and Contra-III. I assume bomberman would be a strong multi-player title.

oh, and legend of kage is 2 players! I think they picked legend of Kage b/c it ryhmes with Streets of Rage. That is the only connection I see possible.

dvdronn said:
is adventure island the same as wonderboy on sega?

i can answer my own question after some google searchin. adventure island is wonderboy. i LOVED!!! that game back in the day. not quite mario, but in that same realm. you throw hatchets, and jump bad guys. you can get on a skateboard to go faster to jump over badies. definately spendin some points on this classic for me.:cornut:

Where have I been? I had no idea Super Mario World 2, Yoshi's Island existed. Yet it is the game where baby mario and luigi originate and Yoshi's jumping style comes from (as seen later in Mario Sunshine). I was in my Nintendo gaming prime during the SNES era. Meh....

mym6 said:
Where have I been? I had no idea Super Mario World 2, Yoshi's Island existed. Yet it is the game where baby mario and luigi originate and Yoshi's jumping style comes from (as seen later in Mario Sunshine). I was in my Nintendo gaming prime during the SNES era. Meh....

I'm going to kill you for your ignorance.

I've never played New Aventure Island....so sounds interesting.

As far as SOR goes, you guys should wait for SOR2 or SOR3. They're so much better than the original.

Enjoy Donkey Kong Country, America. Us Brits have had it for weeks, but I only got round to downloading it last week. I played it on the SNES as a kid, and when I saw it on the Shop Channel I could only vaguely remember details of the game and the fact that I really enjoyed it first time round.

When I finally had enough money I downloaded it to see why I loved it so much first time around, and I've now fallen in love with it again. Such a fun and enjoyable game, one of my favourite games of all time I'd say.

mym6 said:

Wow, please tell me you were raised with Sega consoles because that's just a little pathetic there.

No Excitebike? Lame

I was waiting for this one since the UK got it last week. Why the heck does Nintendo do this to us?

DKC was cool, but I really wanted Excitebike!!!!

:mad2:

Back