Don't buy Gas Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, well if you saw a video of one guy doing that then ALL Americans must be fat and lazy. Let's not get into negative stereotypes, EVERY nation has them including England (let's not go there :) ).

Americans consume more gas because:
- They love their cars/trucks/SUVs
- There's more people and more people that drive
- There's more land to cover--> longer commutes, etc.

Last edited:
Griever said:
You're right, you can't compare. Americans are such lazy, fat ****s that they drive around the corner instead of walking and hence consume more gas than any European would.

Go figure, right?

:mad2:

I doubt you excrete roses. So stop thinking your crap doesn't stink, and take a peg off the arrogance stool, because I highly doubt you've done something note-worthy in your life to back up your misplaced superiority.

What's wrong with you guys? You see a few things on T.V./videos and believe it applies to everyone that shares that person's nationality? I saw someone from the U.K. in a video, stop every 30 seconds to start licking doors he was walking by while humping their mailboxes shortly afterward. Is it safe to assume that everyone in the UK does that? No, it isn't.

Remember this please. Its the whole Human Race that are idiots, not just one nation.

Yes, many Americans drive a lot, but most don't abuse their vehicle other than for the neccessary. I have a jeep, and I drive to work and to the store when need be. But going to my friend's house, which is 3 miles away, I walk. And usually we hang out every day.

Most of the people in my area carpool whenever they need to go somewhere. They actually call their neighbors up, asking them whens the next time they're going to the store, and if possible, catch a ride with them.

Americans do drive more then other nations, but many american towns do not have a market down the street. Of all my friends in NYC, none own a car because it is not necessary. Of course, some are lazy, and thats why they put drive through windows in everything now, but generally, most people are not like that.

gnahc79 said:
Damn, well if you saw a video of one guy doing that then ALL Americans must be fat and lazy. Let's not get into negative stereotypes, EVERY nation has them including England (let's not go there :) ).

Americans consume more gas because:
- There's more people and more people that drive
- There's more land to cover--> longer commutes, etc.
do people in europe not love there cars/trucks/mo-peds?
so what if there are more people, should have better public transport
so? less land with smaller communites, means smaller polution, which should mean less cost.

yeah well. I guess it's a good idea, but let's be honest. The oil companies aren't going to give a ****.

People need gas. If you don't fill up today, you're going to tomorrow.

Yep, around here. Backfired, just as I predicted. Went up 40 cents a gallon. Dunno the coversions.

Ha ha, one of the only americans in here. Stereotypes are funny.

How many of you Europeans actually have lived in america?
How many Americans have lived in Europe? Shuddap people.

And UK joined Iraq war too... Hindsight is 20/20

@ gaz. We do have good public transport. We just have a looottt of suburbs in between the big cities.

i remember the good old days where gas was 98cents/gal. I saw in some parts of U.S. it's over 4 dollars and that's just bonkers. Where I live it's 3.19 and it's really putting a pinch on my wallet.

Thankfully I dont fall under the stereo type of a fat lazy stupid American. Where I have to drive all over the place and do all kinds of stupid things, the worst thing when it comes to driving that I hate regarding laziness is when the stupid people at the stores will sit there and wait for literally 5-10 minutes to get a parking spot up close to the doors when, in that time that they were sitting there waiting could have parked in the back walked up to the door and gotten most of their shopping done already.

Don't even get me started....:tard:

im just finninshing off my diploma in conservation and environmental management. oil prices IMO are still way too low, noone is paying the true price of oil. the fact is we are way past our peak oil so its only going to go downhill from here,oil prices can only go up and so they should. Oil will run out, even in the span of most of your lifetimes oil will be on the brink. i dont care weather you agree with this or not because its going to happen. things need to change and they need to change now, IMO everyone should have the cost of thier emmisions added to the cost of petrol (probly about $3-4) maybe them people would be forced to rely on petrol less often. in the near future petrol will be reserved for industry use and the public wont see any of it anyway. But how are we going to get around? well we had electric cars (if you ever find the movie 'who killed the electric car?' then watch it) the electric cars had no emmisions and used no petrol or oil. The fact is today that every single one of those electric cars that was produced by GM has been crushed. the reason? bush administration, oil companys and GM mototrs themselves. honestly watch the movie if you dont believe it, oil companys were the reason the electric car was taken off the market because of the sole fact they wernt gonna make money off them. Hyrids are better but thier still a step backward from full electric cars, and hydrogen is so innefficient its not funny, hydrogen wont even be feasable for another 40-50years at least, and by then itll be too late. So stop complaining about oil prices because thyre only gonna get worse.

yeah, I hate hydrogen people. Don't understand that all the hydrogen is made from fossil fuels...

Also, we need more nuclear power plants. They are a lot safer than the stupid public believes. Dumb chernobyl and 3 mile island...

For you americans who like their power, check out the new tesla roadster...

Brawny said:
yeah, I hate hydrogen people. Don't understand that all the hydrogen is made from fossil fuels...

Also, we need more nuclear power plants. They are a lot safer than the stupid public believes. Dumb chernobyl and 3 mile island...

For you americans who like their power, check out the new tesla roadster...
nuclear is fine,its the waste from it thats not

Gaz said:
so what if there are more people, should have better public transport
so? less land with smaller communites, means smaller polution, which should mean less cost.

I already mentioned that mass transit sucks in the U.S. Only major cities have decent systems, e.g. NYC, Washington D.C.. The cost of implementing effective mass transit in the U.S. is enormous, again no comparison to Europe.
IMO Americans are less likely to hop on a bus or train than Europeans. There are people in Europe that love THEIR (egad use proper grammar) cars, but I'm guessing the percentage is less than Americans. Unfortunately, people here feel driving is a right rather than a privilege. There is no tiered licensing for cars or motorcycles and the license tests are a joke. When I was in h.s. it was assumed that you would get a car as soon as you got your license. Good or bad that's the culture in the U.S. for the most part.

Brawny said:
Even then, it's just as bad as greenhouse gases.... Methane from cows > America's cars.
yes although this is true cows are not a unrenewable resource like fossil fuels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back