Don't buy Gas Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
ottoman said:
Funny how america stel Iraq's OIL, then raise their gas prices :lol:

first off its not america stealing oil! its Bush and the oil companies, one of which is your precious british petroleum.

MysticGohan said:
Don't pump gas on MAY 15th

In April 1997, there was a "gas out" conducted nationwide in protest of gas prices. Gasoline prices dropped 30 cents a gallon overnight.

On May 15th 2007, all internet users are to not go to a gas station in protest of high gas prices. Gas is now over $3.00 a gallon in most places.

There are 73,000,000+ American members currently on the internet network, and the average car takes about 30 to 50 dollars to fill up.

If al l users did not go to the pump on the 15th, it would take $2,292,000, 000.00 (that's almost 3 BILLION) out of the oil companies pockets for just one day, so please do not

go to the gas station on May 15th and lets try to put a dent in the Middle Eastern oil industry for at least one day.

If you agree (which I cant see why you wouldn't) resend this to all your contact list. With it saying, ''Don't pump gas on May 15th"

SPREAD THE WORD!

This does nothing. See here for more info: http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/nogas.asp
and here:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18492185/

You're not using less gas, you're just changing the day you buy it on.

And gas prices never dropped 30 cents per gallon overnight in April 1997.

Brawny said:
yeah, I hate hydrogen people. Don't understand that all the hydrogen is made from fossil fuels...

You can get hydrogen from water, it's not hard to do.

Skippy said:
You can get hydrogen from water, it's not hard to do.

yeah, from electrolysis. Where do you get that electricity? Coal and natural gas plants. Do some research man. :sick:

Skippy said:
Gas is way higher now than it was before the war started.

he meant it as sarcasm.

Even though you quoted, using the extra 10 seconds to put them all in one post would be much appreciated by all.

Brawny, you can get Hydrogen from many other sources. And even if you do use Electrolysis you can get electrical energy from other sources such as Hydro-Electricity, Wind Turbines etc. etc. A Hydrogen Fuel Cell is a perfectly viable way of replacing fossiel fuel power in cars - the only problem is that the Oil Companies have such a monopoly over fuel that they do everything they can to restrict the use of such technology.

Anyway - even if the only way to do electrolysis was through coal power stations - the fact that you're not also using Fossil Fuels in your car would bring down the total Carbon Dioxide output and would also bring down the use of Fossil Fuels A LOT. The amount of energy needed to charge a battery for Electrolysis is nowhere near the amount of energy needed to move a car forward.

Last edited:
Griever said:
the only problem is that the Oil Companies have such a monopoly over fuel that they do everything they can to restrict the use of such technology.
nawwwwwh thats rubbish, oil companies such as BP are putting more money into finding new sources than money spent on fossel fuils. why would they want to prolong new technologies and fuels, if they don't progress with the world they will go bust, it is common sense.

Griever said:
We pay more for everything - and we still have more money than the U.S.

Go figure ;o

I wouldnt double post, but Im already in trouble for last post, so.....

price of gas is WAY more expensive in U.K. than America bc we have more oil resources. Been that way for a long time. no brainer. (Alaska, Texas, Gulf of Mexico, etc)

So England has "more money" than the U.S.......huh, I wasnt aware of that. Instead of running my mouth about how much I know that is bullshit, why dont you prove it to me? give me a source of reference please. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

and who is driving around, purposely wasting gas? I mean really? Who wants to purposely waste gas when they have to pay for it? Maybe a government employee (police...etc). I know people that sell their car and say "gas was costing me too much, so I downsized"....supply and demand. Common sense.

Not that money matters so much, or that I dont have major respect for my brothers across the ocean, but I would follow Griever to the depths of hell to insult/ prove him wrong. I hate your kind. Sit there and delegate what should happen to my life, BIATCH

Last edited:
Brawny said:
Even though you quoted, using the extra 10 seconds to put them all in one post would be much appreciated by all.

Not easy to do when there was an 8 minute gap between my first and second messages and a 5 minute gap between my second and third.

I bought gas yesterday.

I didn't WANT to, but I also didn't want to be stranded on the side of the street, I was pretty low and didn't want to chance it.

Wow, someone is insecure about their country's identity aren't they Conan?

First of all, Griever. You are a ****-head little communist.
You clearly don't know what a communist is. If I was a communist I would be insulting you for being a capitalist but I'm not; what I am actually doing is saying you should use less carbon-based fuels. The difference between the two is so staggering that I'm surprised even someone of your (obviously) limited brain capacity can't comprehend it. Clearly, though, you lack the brain cells to comprehend the difference.

It's okay; you're just suffering from a condition known as being a retard.

You think effort should be put into stopping what other people drive?
I think effort should be put into encouraging people to drive more ecologically friendly vehicles or, on the other hand, effort should be put into making the same vehicle more ecologically friendly by developing more eco-friendly fuels.

You obviously don't care enough about future generations to give a ****, though, so I don't know why I am bothering differentiating between the two for you. :crazy:

We run according to supply and demand. Im sure you wouldnt understand, but in my country, people start their own business and do big things with their lives. An SUV seems like a necesary tool in the construction, landscaping, remodeling business, which are all a big part of my Florida economy.
First of all, England is a capitalist country, so you can shove your propaganda bullshit up your arse.

Second, I'd love for you to show me a quote where I said that "all SUV's should be scrapped" because I know you won't find one. I understand that some people need SUV's or 4x4's, people such as farmers, construction workers, etc. and so I have no problem with those people using SUV's.

I only have a problem with people who don't need them - people who live in urbanised areas and do service sector jobs where they couldn't possibly ever need such a gas-guzzling vehicle.

I suggest you learn how to read before trying to tell me what I said next time, kid.

2nd, you can make a statistic say anything you want.
Not quite true, although it is very possible to bend statistics. I believe bending statistics is what you did for the whole paragraph after this sentence. Congratulations on being able to criticise AND do the same thing within the same paragraph, though. Most politicians at least wait a couple of interviews before contradicting themselves.

3rd, is your AVI a pic of you just having busted your dads cherry?
The easy response would be this - "No, it's a picture of me after having kicked your Dad's arse because he walked in on me rainbow kissing your mother. Oh. No. He. Didn't."

But seriously, are silly little jokes questioning my sexuality the best you have because I've been telling jokes like that since I was 8. Try growing up sometime kid.

4th, Its not your fault you are gay.
Again, the easy response would be - "I'm not gay, ask your mum LOLOLOL."

The fact is that your constant sexuality insults are lame. You sound like a homophobe who's been placed on repeat. Tell me; is it the fact that most homosexuals are more respected than you that makes you scared of them or are you just plain scared that you know you'd enjoy what they could do for you?

The funny thing is that when you say "I go to the gym 4 days a week" you make it so easy for me to do this;

Maddox AKA God said:
You do have a point though: writing code all day is much more homoerotic than patting your jock buddies on the ass after a sweaty game of catch, then winding down with a nice, steamy, group shower. Maybe if you weren't such a sexually insecure dumbass, you'd have spent the time you pissed away playing highschool sports--you know, that thing nobody in the real world cares about--learning how to read instead so that you don't end up bagging my groceries
And if you don't believe me just ask Mr. Maddox. Hell, this article would probably help you too!

Wow, I never thought quoting Maddox would so easily win an argument. I should have thought of this sooner.

So England has "more money" than the U.S.......huh, I wasnt aware of that. Instead of running my mouth about how much I know that is bullshit, why dont you prove it to me? give me a source of reference please.

I only need two values;

1) American debt is $8,822,114,586,518. That's $29,000 per person. (Source: Here)

2) British Debt is $13,781.7 per person. (Source: Here)

As you can see, the values per person are much less for the UK and because I've done it per person you can't moan about America being bigger and so it would have more debt.

But hell, even if I make the British value higher but only taking the British working population (28.5 million out of 60 million) the debt is still only $29,000 per person which is THE SAME AS THE US VALUE IS OVER EVERYONE IN THE COUNTRY INCLUDING CHILDREN!

Oh, look, I gave you a source of reference and it proved me right. You must feel like a right **** head now.

You know what, I'm done. Have fun in your mental retard classes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back