Don't waste your money!

En4Neo

Jet-Set-Jesse
Feb 10, 2007
Instead of buying so many sega related virtual console games, many of you could instead just buy the Sonic Mega Collection, a game that'll play on your Wii.

In the Sonic Mega Collection you get the following and I'll list how much you'd pay for these games through Virtual Console:

Sonic the Hedgehog = 800 or 8 dollars
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 = 800 or 8 dollars
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 = 800 or 8 dollars
Sonic and Knuckles = 800 or 8 dollars
Sonic Spinball = 800 or 8 dollars
Dr. Robotnik’s Mean Bean Machine = 800 or 8 dollars
Sonic 3D Blast = 800 or 8 dollars

And to unlock these following games all you have to do is log into and out of a game several times before they finally appear on the "games" screen:

Ristar = 800 or 8 dollars
Sonic 3 & Knuckles = 800 or 8 dollars

Now I know some of you know about this so don't assume I don't. Some of you would rather not have to put in a gamecube disk because of laziness or because they like simpleness, or don't care for all of these games listed, or just would rather use the VC controller, but not everyone knows so I hope the few that don't find this thread helpful.

The Sonic Mega Collection for the Gamecube which can play on the Wii costs no more than 20 dollars at most stores. If you get these games through Virtual console you'd be paying 72 dollars, that's more than 52 dollars wasted that could be used to buy a new Wii game!

So the moral of the thread is be smart when buying VC games.

This is the Hori Gameboy Player Gamepad for Gamecube also works with the Wii. This gamepad is great for playing classic games on your Gamecube or Wii such as the Sonic Mega Collection, Megaman Anniversary Collection, GBA games, and much more.

HoriSnesStyleGCGamepad.jpg

Last edited:
It's a good idea, but I kinda like having them all right there on the Wii. It's not a laziness thing that I don't wanna get up to put the disc in, it just kinda feels more like going back to the original game instead of playing a collection. Just my personal preference even though I realize it's a bit of a waste of money. The collections also have a more reliable save feature since I accidentally screwed up my game of Kid Icarus and never wrote down any passwords.

Yeah I have not brought any of those games but I may get Ristat since I dont feel like unlocking it on the Sonic Collection.

Another bonus with the Sonic collection that you most likely won't be able to get out of the VC is being able to use Knuckles in the other Sonic games. That was a cool feature Sega put into that game originally.

its great to have the collection ,but the disadvantage is you cant use the classic controller on the games which feels more comfortable than the gamecube controller.

Maximo said:
its great to have the collection ,but the disadvantage is you cant use the classic controller on the games which feels more comfortable than the gamecube controller.

There's actually a way to get that classic feel without having to buy a Virtual Console game.

The Hori Gameboy Player Gamepad for Gamecube works not only works with the GB player, but also it works with the Sonic Mega Collection mentioned aboved, the Megaman Anniversary Collection, and other Gamecube games. It works with the Wii and Gamecube.

HoriSnesStyleGCGamepad.jpg

Last edited:
Or buy an Old xbox, with splinter cell. Soft mod and install all the emulators you want. Including N64, SNES, Megadrive etc.

I did, as Mario Kart 64 had no safe....and I have a 3rd party gamecube controller that didn't work.

timthepig said:
Or buy an Old xbox, with splinter cell. Soft mod and install all the emulators you want. Including N64, SNES, Megadrive etc.

I did, as Mario Kart 64 had no safe....and I have a 3rd party gamecube controller that didn't work.

Or you could do the right thing and sleep good at night.

As far as I know the Hori gamepad works with GC games on your Wii.

If you have a PS2, I'd recommend getting the Sega Mega Drive Collection rather than shelling out for all the games individually. I got for £15- had I purchased all the games on it for the VC (assuming they were all out), I'd have paid over £100. :eek:

By the way, Sega should try releasing some more games that weren't on that collection- where's Streets of Rage and Landstalker?

Wow some of you guys are picky, but I'll respect that.

I'm going to go get Sonic Mega Collection when I hear it's 10 dollars. I'm surprised none of you are the type to want your games on CD rather than on flashdrive or SD.

En4Neo said:
Wow some of you guys are picky, but I'll respect that.

I'm going to go get Sonic Mega Collection when I hear it's 10 dollars. I'm surprised none of you are the type to want your games on CD rather than on flashdrive or SD.

To be honest, I prefer games on a disc- it's sort of reassuring to own a physical copy.

Back