dont wii for a wii

rwhit_2007 said:
Thanks for clarifying - I just wasn't seeing the humor in this since someone died and left 3 kids without a Mom (whether she was smart or not). Hopefully the 3 kids will see your post and also now see how funny this really is.

yep , it's pretty funny. it didn,t said i was happy for the kids . it's really a sad story for them , but you must agree that the mother have been plain stupid

''man , i feel dizzy cauz i drank too much water. i'll go to the toilet once i get home instead of now, at the station. that's one good idea''

also , did the guy who won this contest died?

Drizzt

This is indeed very tragic

The people responsible are the radio station personnel and owners. DJs and VJs in America are trailer-trash ratings-whore who just want as much publicity as possible. :prrr:

I think the family has a right to sue those bastards and I hope a judge in California award millions to them.

Even Wiirio is sad. :drool:

Wiirio bought and sold 25+ Wii's because through my effort, lazy parents can get a Wii for their kids without having to wait in line. For a small handling fee, I was able to deliver joy to millions of people! :thumbsup:

This is a tragic incident. I wonder if there is a website where we can donate money to the "Strange Family"

I dunno where all you guys are from but i'm from cali where this radio station is. Over here, radio programs do stuff like this all the time. Its all about doing crazy ridiculous things to entertain their listeners. Like ride a rollercoaster at mission beach for as long as u can (days literraly) without pausing for a break. This kinda stuff happens all the time, its just this time it ended badly.

All these radio stations over here do this stuff... why? Cuz its stupid and crazy and everyone that was listening to that show or watching that Wii competition was laughing their head off. But it just so happened that this one time, the warnings of serious health issues actually became a huge factor. Everything radio stations do over here have some kind of chance for something really bad to happen, thats what makes it appealing to the listeners.

My point is, yea its tradgic, yea its horrible, but TONS of other radio stations do crap just like this every day (at least in cali). Just take it for what it is, a warning to radio stations that maybe the whole crazy dangerous jackass stuff they do isnt worth the better ratings. And people like promotional directors like the one in this mishap, learn from this and stop doing such assinine things just to get a few more listeners.

and Wiirio_Greedy i'm shure u turned a nice profit from your Wii re-sale, step off your charity box

Last edited:
Drizzt Do'Urden said:
''man , i feel dizzy cauz i drank too much water. i'll go to the toilet once i get home instead of now, at the station. that's one good idea''

You are a fool. And you clearly have no medical knowledge whatsoever. It's not as if you drink that much water, you pee and everything is all better. The only thing that could have prevented her from dying after drinking that water was immediate medical attention. Yet the people at the radio station were either completely ignorant about the risks and signs of water intoxication (which is inexcusable), or they simply didn't give a sh*t about the contestants other than to exploit them for higher ratings.

In two words, NEGLIGENT and CULPABLE. I hope that they are tried and convicted for negligent manslaughter. I hope the family sues and soon owns that radio station.

And I don't want to hear another word about a waiver. F*ck that waiver. I'll bet my wii that waiver didn't mention a thing about the risks and signs associated with water toxicity. That waiver isn't worth the paper it's printed on.

And the next time you either hear or see a "challenge" like this on the TV/Radio, do yourself and our entire society a favor and turn it off...

Kristi1696 said:
You are a fool. And you clearly have no medical knowledge whatsoever. It's not as if you drink that much water, you pee and everything is all better. The only thing that could have prevented her from dying after drinking that water was immediate medical attention. Yet the people at the radio station were either completely ignorant about the risks and signs of water intoxication (which is inexcusable), or they simply didn't give a sh*t about the contestants other than to exploit them for higher ratings.

QUOTE]

ok . so i change my phrase

''man . i feel dizzy . i'll go home instead of the hiospital . what a great idea.''

Drizzt

Kristi1696 said:
The only thing that could have prevented her from dying after drinking that water was immediate medical attention. ...

Hit the nail on the head there, to be more precise, and to give some medical terms if people want to look it up o the internet.

"Dissorder = Hyponatremia (<130 mEq/L sodium) Signs and symptoms = Disturbed CNS function, Confusion, Hallucinations, Convulsions, Coma, Death.
Caused by = Infusion or ingestion of large volumes of hypotonic solution. Treatments = Diuretic use and infusion of hypertonic salt solution."

so unless by "stop drinking" he actually meant "stop drinking, seek medical attention, create a hypertonic solution of sodium, potassium and other salts, somehow get a drip from somewhere, and use it." then i dont think Drizzt Do'Urden's analysis of the situation is very accurate.

ok so you changed your phrase before id finished typing, lol.... but seriously, who here would go to the hospital for feeling dizzy?

probably not . i'm in montreal . pretty far from there . i just read what you guy wrote about it . if i read more , maybe my opinion will change , but for now , i do keep my iopinion.

the girl is stupid , she didn't got to the hospital .

Drizzt

Drizzt Do'Urden said:
probably not . i'm in montreal . pretty far from there . i just read what you guy wrote about it . if i read more , maybe my opinion will change , but for now , i do keep my iopinion.

the girl is stupid , she didn't got to the hospital .

Drizzt

Please note that water intoxication causes "confusion". It shouldn't have been up to her to get herself to the hospital. Also, don't forget that a lot of people in the States don't have health insurance. For that reason, a lot of people postpone medical treatment until it is, unfortunately, too late. Even if she was thinking clearly, she could have been too afraid of the financial fallout from a hospital admission. However, I'm sure that had she been told the risks of water intoxication and that a severe headache is a sign to seek immediate medical attention, she probably would have gone.

Kristi so far seems to be the only level headed one here with the knowledge to reply. While hyponatremia is extremely severe and will almost always result in death without immediate medical care, not many people would guess or know that a beneficial substance such as water could prove fatal.

While I am a fan of publicity stunts as they are often extremely entertaining, this radio station should be held entirely accountable in her death for holding a contest that anyone in the medical field would know could cause severe injury or death. The fact that a caller warned them of the dangers and they then joked about the risks proves that they were negligent and should be under investigation.

Finally, the accusations that it was her fault for not peeing are totally ridiculous. The problem lies in the large intake of water, which throws off sodium, calcium, and potassium concentrations, which often results in fatal arrythmias. Peeing out the water would not help a thing. Whomever thought this should be considered a suicide; you are sick.

Last edited:
Sadly a saline drip would have fixed her right up in no time (from what I have heard).

If the radio station had some medical staff on site things most likely would have been OK. I listen to Opie and Anthony do whacky stuff like this all the time - but they have medics standing by just in case something goes wrong.

Drizzt Do'Urden said:
yep , it's pretty funny. it didn,t said i was happy for the kids . it's really a sad story for them , but you must agree that the mother have been plain stupid

also , did the guy who won this contest died?

Drizzt

Drizzt (love the books by the way)... I guess we will have to disagree on this one - I see no humor in the fact that she died. Now, if all that happened was she pissed herself... that would be funny.

man , i'm the center of attraction of this discussion ;)

but .... someone answer my question

did the winner died?

Drizzt

Drizzt Do'Urden said:
did the winner died?

The winner did not die. From reports, the winner was larger and could handle the excess water better. There are reports that other contestants were sick, but no one else died. Thankfully.

Just admit it, Your attitude is perfect for a dark elf.

Back