downloaded games

tilly

WiiChat Member
Jun 13, 2009
Hello. I have a Wii and I have downloaded alot of games on it. My daughter just received a Wii for her birthday and I would like to transfer some of the games on it from my other Wii. How do I do that?? Any help would be great. Thanks.

Thanks...that's kinda what we figured. I was hoping there still might have been a way.

1-buy an SD card.
2-copy the games to it.
3-update your daughters wii to the current update
4-put SD card in wii
5-click SD card symbol at bottom of main menu

your daughter can now play the downloaded games on it as long as the SD card is in the wii

1-buy an SD card.
2-copy the games to it.
4-put SD card in wii

your daughter can now play the downloaded games on it as long as the SD card is in the wii

thats what i was thinking "what...a...minute just update to 4.0"

1-buy an SD card.
2-copy the games to it.
4-put SD card in wii

Can you copy the game to more than one SD card? Is it a copy or does it move the game to the sd card? If its moved can he re-download the game on his own Wii?

If thats possible it would open the door to the pirates and i doubt Nintendo would allow that.

Downloaded WiiWare and Virtual Console games can not be transferred to another Wii. The downloads are tied to the console that downloaded them and can not be used on a different machine.

Can you copy the game to more than one SD card? Is it a copy or does it move the game to the sd card? If its moved can he re-download the game on his own Wii?

If thats possible it would open the door to the pirates and i doubt Nintendo would allow that.

it copies it.

and i know this works, i've done it myself. as long as the original got the game fair and square and the other has the latest update, it'll work

Thank you for your help. We tried the SD card thing and the Wii says that the game can not be played on this console. We updated my daughter's Wii, but it still will not allow it. What are we doing wrong???

Thank you for your help. We tried the SD card thing and the Wii says that the game can not be played on this console. We updated my daughter's Wii, but it still will not allow it. What are we doing wrong???

You're not doing anything wrong. Games are tied to the Wii they were purchased from. They can't be played on a different Wii. If anyone said otherwise, they were mistaken.

shadow is full of crap. you CANNOT transfer VC/WWare games via a SD card to another wii console. they are tied to the wii code.

1-buy an SD card.
2-copy the games to it.
4-put SD card in wii

yeah.. but some games cant be copied..like I tried copying some games to an SD card but it didnt work..(or it might just be my wii)

:)

Back