Downloading Updates For Games

Hotspur Warrior

Mmmmmm. Wii.
Dec 27, 2006
United Kingdom
Wii Online Code
7758-1065-4612-2696
I didn't know whether this was more relevant in the Hardware or Gaming area, so I've posted it here in the general area.

I've seen, from many people on many forums, discussion about downloading content for games. The main one is the possibility of Nintendo making an 'online' feature for Wii Sports available to download from the Shop Channel.

But is such an idea even possible? Surely the Wii game discs have a code written into them that prohibits alteration, copying, etc?

as long as nintendo puts out the releases, i dont see why not. xbox 360 is going to have downloadable songs for guitar hero, so i dont see why nintendo cant do the same.

Well I don't know if they would do it but it is possible. They wouldn't actually write it to the disc but you would download it to the Wii's memory. The 360 games get updates alot and it just downloads it to the HDD when you start the game.

Ah cool, thanks for clearing that up. This means a download to make online Wii Sports possible could happen? Man, I hope that comes to fruition. I'd love to ace someone from the other side of the world off the park in Wii Sports tennis. :D

If the Wii ever puts out an external hard drive, this might be possible, or if it reads it from the SD card, heh.

Back