Dreamcast on Wii?

The_One

Living Legend
Dec 24, 2006
British Columbia
Wondering if there will be any DC games on the VC. The DC is the most underrated console of all time.....games that would be awsome are..
-Powerstone
-Soul Calibur
-Sonic Adv
-Metropolis Street Racer
-Jet Grind Radio
-Skies of Arcadia
-Shenmue
-Marvel vs Capcom
-Street Fighter Alpha 3
-Quake 3
-Virtua Tennis 2k2

:frown2: Hope the DC makes the cut...

Its not going to happen. Mainly because to do so the Wii would have to use Software emulation to emulate the DC. The DC is a 6th gen console (along with the GameCube, PS2 and Xbox) Software emulation tends to be about 2 generations behind hardware. So 5th gen consoles are possible to emulate on the Wii (eg, the N64)
The Wii would just not have the grunt to emulate a Dreamcast. Also there is the size of the ROMs. DC games came on GD-ROMs which hold about 1.2Gb.

Is there even a good saturn pc emu (I have a load of saturn games)

Heres a quick rundown of the games metioned and what consoles there out for (the ones left out I havent seen)
-Powerstone (psp both versions)
-Soul Calibur (2 out for gc)
-Sonic Adv (out for gc)
-Jet Grind Radio (xbox)
-Skies of Arcadia (gc but hard to find)
-Marvel vs Capcom (psx urggg but twos better)
-Street Fighter Alpha 3 (psx, ps2, gba, psp)
-Quake 3 (ps2 but its only good online)
-Virtua Tennis 2k2 (3 is out)

Cabe said:
Its not going to happen. Mainly because to do so the Wii would have to use Software emulation to emulate the DC. The DC is a 6th gen console (along with the GameCube, PS2 and Xbox) Software emulation tends to be about 2 generations behind hardware. So 5th gen consoles are possible to emulate on the Wii (eg, the N64)
The Wii would just not have the grunt to emulate a Dreamcast. Also there is the size of the ROMs. DC games came on GD-ROMs which hold about 1.2Gb.
but couldn't the games be converted to be compatible with Wii. I mean PSP can officially run converted PS1 games fine, maybe this could be possible with the Wii with dreamcast. Most DC iso's aren't that big, but you will need an extra SD card.

Darkprinny said:
Is there even a good saturn pc emu (I have a load of saturn games)

i could list a few u could try, but i would be breaking board rules, so im not going to discuss it. anyways, saturn games would be cool. i really dout it would appear on virtual consold cause of game size being a CD. but nintendo would be really cool if u could buy USB port external cd drives that play sega games like Sega CD/ Sega Saturn / Sega Dreamcast, but theres only 2 usb ports, so u might have to use 2 or 1 at a time.

Tryd all of them
But still saturn is still set up ready to play

Napalmbrain said:
At least there's a possibility for Saturn games.
Yeah, isn't the Saturn represented for the VC? If N64 games can be made available (as and when Nintendo decide to offer us some), why couldn't the Saturn titles? Can't be a rights issue, because the Mega Drive/Genesis is represented.

Hotspur Warrior said:
Yeah, isn't the Saturn represented for the VC? If N64 games can be made available (as and when Nintendo decide to offer us some), why couldn't the Saturn titles? Can't be a rights issue, because the Mega Drive/Genesis is represented.

They could add the Saturn to the VC in the future, if Sega wants to. And they probably will eventually.

Napalmbrain said:
They could add the Saturn to the VC in the future, if Sega wants to. And they probably will eventually.

if they do, im guessing they will be the same price as the N64 games, 10$

Back