Driver Wii

Wii_Rulez

Waluigi The Great
Jun 12, 2006
SC
Wii Online Code
3498-5538-0554-5440
Yet another port from Ubisoft. This time like the title says it's Driver: Parallel Lines. The game came up on ESRB's official website proving that it's coming soon. Although Ubisoft made no comment about it yet.
Source

I've seen game lists with this title on it, sounds pretty fun. Driv3r was badass.

Driver-Parallel-Lines-Wii-011.jpg

Driver-Parallel-Lines-Wii-031.jpg

Driver-Parallel-Lines-Wii-04.jpg

Driver-Parallel-Lines-Wii-021.jpg

DRIVER?!?!?!?

My God i loved that game on the PC, forget which one i had. Too bad my PC version was buggy from when i bought it, this is one of the games that i grew up with lol.

But i probably wont buy this unless they get some new features or at least a small graphics update. Either way Ill definitly keep this one on my list for now :D

:thumbsup:
PS: Nothing wrong with Ports.

Last edited:
unfortunatly I had it on the Xbox, and not only are the graphics no where near as good as in those screenshots (unless it has been 'updated' for the wii) but the game was riddled with aweful bugs and the missions were dull and badly designed.

I am gonna wait for the reviews personally, but as someone else says ports aren't bad, not by a long shot, I'd love to see some of my fav xbox and PS2 games on my Wii, this one just isn't one of my favs. (GTA is better, but the character design, graphics and physics in Driver : PL is shedloads better than GTA, GTA just 'plays' better.)

I remember once renting a Ps2 from blockbuster and renting Driver 1 and 2 along with it. The games were decent but I liked free roam/ride more than anything, which tured out to be pretty boring. I also played 3 but i didnt like that too much. If this Driver is good it can really help out Wii, not that it needs it. But if it were more successful on the Wii than the other systems, oh boy, thatd be sweet.

YES!!!!!!!!

I can remember playing countless hours of Driver 2 at my cousins house...How was Driv3r? Never got the chance to play it. Cant wait until this comes out!!

○ Wii Controllers Integration – Intuitive utilization of the Wii Remote and the Nunchuk for a unique sensation of driving and 3rd person action

○ Experience Open Environments Racing in Two Distinct Time Periods – Multiple paths to complete over 35 missions across photo-realistic 1978 & 2006 New York City

○ Control and Customize Over 80 Drivable Vehicles - Including cars, motorcycles, and trucks - all integrated with a realistic vehicle damage system

○ Authentic Hollywood- style Action – Experience adrenaline pumping high speed racing and car chases

○ Massive Enhancements Over Previous Driver games -Including AI, graphics, physics, and more!

Fulfill dreams
○ Having access to cars/vehicles you can’t have in real life (own, build up, drive)
○ Do things you shouldn’t do in real life (driving clearly beyond speed limits, engaging chases, doing insane stunts, wrecking cars, etc.)

Achievement
○ Improvement of performances through expertise with driving skills and clever car tuning
○ Victory over AI and over human beings

Immersion / Freedom
○ Playing in a realistic, living, interactive environment
○ Sensation of freedom through non linearity (free roaming)
○ Sense of ownership through large choice of cars + visual and mechanical customization

Empowerment
○ Beating the law and justice representative (the police)
○ Transgressing rules
○ Being and behaving as a gangster – bad guy
○ Blowing things up
○ Owning many cars/vehicles

Unique controller sensation
○ Using the Wii Remote to select your target, master your weapon and shoot
○ Using the Nunchuk to drive, adjust your speed, control the character and its gesture
○ Intuitive driving – cars, motocycles, trucks…
○ Intensive sensation of controlling weapons

Wii Game Specifics improvements

○ More than 30 unique and exclusive controls using the full motion and sensing features of both, the Wii Remote and the Nunchuk controllers.

○ Targeting and shooting system adapted to the Wii controllers

○ Get into action faster by Teleporting: allow the player to move quicker through the city

○ Tune the police aggressiveness and the traffic jam

○ Specific Wii special effects –TBD
Source

Back