DS WiFi USB- Question (Not 'does it work on wii)

nkbswe5

nkbswe5. RLY!
Jun 27, 2006
Not in America
Wii Online Code
1234-1234-1234-1234
OK, i just got my USB. People say it works with wii. So far, I cant even get it to connect to my DS ;-_-

QUESTION!
Where do I plug it in? I have plugged it into my computer which DOESN'T have a modem, but is on a network, and so it's still plugged into a computer with internet so shouldn't it work???

Im trying to get a friend code for animal crossing as my test.]

ANY HELP!?

Plug it into your USB port on your computer thats connected into the network. Upgrade the firmware of your WiFi Adapter driver.. you can get that here:
CLICK

Follow the readme thats included, then make sure that any anti-virus programs that are running (norton, zone alarm, avast, mcaffee, etc.) have it allowed to connect. Then try from there. If nothing works after all that... Call Nintendo Tech Support. They can get you running if everything else fails. Good Luck

I just read 'The Nintendo USB is not compatible with USB hubs or USB 1.0/2.0 interface cards.
Could that be it"? I just plugged it on the side of the computer like I do with all m USB...
I cant try on main cause its my dads computer and hes not home...Yarr

I tried installing it on my Dads computer with the modem and it still couldn't find my DS...

Your best bet would to just call Tech Support. They helped me when i ran into a brick wall installing the USB adaptor as well.

...hmm guess I shall have to, I just don't like their $2 a minute cost.

$2 a minute? where do you live. Over here in the states its a toll free call

Australia, Melbourne. And I meant $1.98 a minute ;) Still, maybe I'm looking at the wrong number... *goes checking*
Informatel online call rate at $1.98 per minute including GST (calls from mobile and public phones attract a higher rate)

Including Tech. Well thats lame.

No wait, i found an alternate number. Thanks for your help :)

Haha anytime, i hope everything works out for you and your Adapter. As soon as you get it connected throw a PM my way and i'll add you into my Wii Address book.

hmm they don't like the idea of installing it on my side computer using the LAN, though I dont see why. Then they told me to turn off firewall and antivirus and Computer Sharing.

Can anyone play on a computer with a LAN? Just interested.

Just to make sure, you did install the software, didn't you? It won't work without that. (If you did, don't get mad, as a tech support person, you learn to start with the simplest possible problem)

well my first thoughts were that he hadnt installed the software aswel, the correct way to do it according to the packaging is install the software first, restart computer for it too take affect...then when logged back on plug in the USB adapter. If not then im sure someone else here can help you in more detailed problems

yea, if I remember correctly, the instructions say something about not plugging in the adapter until the installation asks for it(about 50% through installation).

If this turns out to be the problem, I'd uninstall from add/remove programs and then reinstall without the adapter plugged in until it's asked for.

Back