Dumb Question?

LordQx4

WiiChat Member
Mar 19, 2007
NJ
Hey all,

I checked the Hardware Thread before posting this and did not find an answer to my question. Could someone please help with the following?

When playing my Wii and going into different channels and then back out when I am done (to the home page) the wii seems to start humming and clicking. Is this just the drive locking\unlocking or checking for a disc? and is the humming a fan that is turning on? I can not seem to find where the air would be coming from if it is indeed a fan... maybe I am just not looking hard enough. Any info would be great as I would like to get the system fixed\replaced before it dies. Also, has anyone had a problem with Game Cube memory cards in the wii? every so often a game asks me to format the card due to corruption... especially Super Smash Brothers Melee. Could the two problems be related to faulty hardware?

Thanks.

it could just be the disc loading but if your wii is working fine then there hould be nothing wrong

It is the wii checking the disc in the drive everytime you exit, it does this so that it displays the right picture for the right game on the wii's menu.

paintba||er said:
All of them make the clicking noise. The fan blows out the vents on the back.

Yeah. I thought it was just normal. but thanks for confurmasion.

all systems do this, its ho they load/read discs. its a electronic machine, expect some noise :)

Back