Dust

Vigilantiast

ROFLCOPTER
Dec 21, 2006
Oxfordshire
Wii Online Code
4290-2442-2124-3318
Hmm seems like the old days which ive seen mentioned on here are back when you had to blow into the slot and cartridge to get rid of dust. My Wii has dust in the disk drive, Yes thats right it has dust in it. I have no idea how it got in there and im sure it wasnt in there when i first got it. It couldnt have gotten in through the vent because from what i know of CD drives is that they are sealed apart from where the CD slot it.
The annoying thing is that the console has Dusters in the slot to stop it getting in there but it also stops it getting out. My games used to play fine but now im getting disc read errors before i play a game and during my time playing them. And when i eject the games they come out with what i thought at first were scratches but are actually trails of dust.
I suppose i could try ramming a duster into my console but im sure that wouldw ave my warranty or something or do the good old classic thing of blowing in there -Not the easiest of things when you need to push the dusters in the slot apart with paper or two CDs and then blow- GrRrRrrrRrRRRR this is frustrating i just wanna play

Vigilantiast said:
Hmm seems like the old days which ive seen mentioned on here are back when you had to blow into the slot and cartridge to get rid of dust. My Wii has dust in the disk drive, Yes thats right it has dust in it. I have no idea how it got in there and im sure it wasnt in there when i first got it. It couldnt have gotten in through the vent because from what i know of CD drives is that they are sealed apart from where the CD slot it.
The annoying thing is that the console has Dusters in the slot to stop it getting in there but it also stops it getting out. My games used to play fine but now im getting disc read errors before i play a game and during my time playing them. And when i eject the games they come out with what i thought at first were scratches but are actually trails of dust.
I suppose i could try ramming a duster into my console but im sure that wouldw ave my warranty or something or do the good old classic thing of blowing in there -Not the easiest of things when you need to push the dusters in the slot apart with paper or two CDs and then blow- GrRrRrrrRrRRRR this is frustrating i just wanna play

How did it get in there..........? odd for sure but dont blow that may not be a good idea. Instead simply take maybe a cutip or if you want open it up but be carefull.

Back